Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has given us C1, S1 and C2 papers to do over the holidays but no mark schemes.

Is there anywhere I can find them online as I would like to find out where I'm going wrong so I know what to revise more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollie_Jessop)
    My teacher has given us C1, S1 and C2 papers to do over the holidays but no mark schemes.

Is there anywhere I can find them online as I would like to find out where I'm going wrong so I know what to revise more
    Not sre if trying to cheat or actually want to check where you've gone wrong ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Not sre if trying to cheat or actually want to check where you've gone wrong ....
    I care about my A-Levels and want to do well. What would be the point in cheating? So I could get a well done from my teacher? That's not helpful to me

ReputationRep:
    I care about my A-Levels and want to do well. What would be the point in cheating? So I could get a well done from my teacher? That's not helpful to me
    Perhaps you should email or contact your teacher for the markschemes? If you explain your reasoning, they may give you access to them. Generally though, recent markschemes and papers from the previous year arent widely available on line as they're used for mock exams/PPEs, so I doubt you'll find them easily.

ReputationRep:
    hmm... answers probably aren't widely available to students? since school might want to use them as mocks... but i guess if you post the papers here it'd be good practise for me and we could compare answers? might have to ask Zacken for Statistics though

ReputationRep:
    hmm... answers probably aren't widely available to students? since school might want to use them as mocks... but i guess if you post the papers here it'd be good practise for me and we could compare answers? might have to ask Zacken for Statistics though
    I recognised the paper and as I went through my notes after, it turns out we did it as a mock before in class like a year ago. Therefore, I have a sheet of "worked out solutions" that we went through after the test. Hopefully, I have done better than 19 out of 75 this time Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    I recognised the paper and as I went through my notes after, it turns out we did it as a mock before in class like a year ago. Therefore, I have a sheet of "worked out solutions" that we went through after the test. Hopefully, I have done better than 19 out of 75 this time Thanks anyway
    nice that's good
    o.o i though i was bad when i did my c2 got 71/75 and i made 4 stupid mistakes
    i crushed my head on the wall for being so foolish >_> not a good day

ReputationRep:
    nice that's good
    o.o i though i was bad when i did my c2 got 71/75 and i made 4 stupid mistakes
    i crushed my head on the wall for being so foolish >_> not a good day
    That result haunts me to this day. I remember it clearly because it was my first C1 test and as soon as I started getting into it the fire alarm went off
    Anyway, after all the revision I have done hopefully it will be much much better.

By the way do you think it is worrying that we still have 2 modules left of C2 to finish and a couple of S1??? My teachers are so crap and tried to teach us S1 before C2 and then had to switch when they realised the C2 exam is first.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by backtraced)
    Perhaps you should email or contact your teacher for the markschemes? If you explain your reasoning, they may give you access to them. Generally though, recent markschemes and papers from the previous year arent widely available on line as they're used for mock exams/PPEs, so I doubt you'll find them easily.
    Well we will be going through all the past papers they gave us after the Easter holidays so I guess I'll just wait for that. Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    That result haunts me to this day. I remember it clearly because it was my first C1 test and as soon as I started getting into it the fire alarm went off
    Anyway, after all the revision I have done hopefully it will be much much better.

By the way do you think it is worrying that we still have 2 modules left of C2 to finish and a couple of S1??? My teachers are so crap and tried to teach us S1 before C2 and then had to switch when they realised the C2 exam is first.....
    yup

so how many is a couple? i mean i've just got 1 topic to finsh in M1 so you're probably behind a bit, but i guess i could teach you whatever C2 you have left? or maybe someone else could?

ReputationRep:
    Link for all papers,
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web

ReputationRep:
    yup

so how many is a couple? i mean i've just got 1 topic to finsh in M1 so you're probably behind a bit, but i guess i could teach you whatever C2 you have left? or maybe someone else could?
    Well we have 2 S1 topics left but they're easy and the exam is a while away so that is fine. We completely skipped logarithms for some reason and we haven't done Graphs of Trigonometric functions yet either.

ReputationRep:
    It's all available here: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...es%2FJune-2015

ReputationRep:
    Well we have 2 S1 topics left but they're easy and the exam is a while away so that is fine. We completely skipped logarithms for some reason and we haven't done Graphs of Trigonometric functions yet either.
    I'd be happy to teach you logarithms, if you like. Provided you're doing the edexcel exam board that is - otherwise it might be slightly different.

I have to admit, it's rather strange the way they've decided to teach you in that order...

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel have released the June 2015 papers and markschemes themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by backtraced)
    I'd be happy to teach you logarithms, if you like. Provided you're doing the edexcel exam board that is - otherwise it might be slightly different.

I have to admit, it's rather strange the way they've decided to teach you in that order...
    I have watched videos online and things so I have a basic understanding. And yes, it is strange. When we were doing Geometric series we had to use logarithms and our teacher literally said "I know you haven't learnt this yet so you won't know why we're doing this but just trust me and copy what I do" Hahah The struggles of having 2 different maths teachers

ReputationRep:
    I have watched videos online and things so I have a basic understanding. And yes, it is strange. When we were doing Geometric series we had to use logarithms and our teacher literally said "I know you haven't learnt this yet so you won't know why we're doing this but just trust me and copy what I do" Hahah The struggles of having 2 different maths teachers
    That's horrid, you should just self-teach everything yourself. Examsolutions.net is a good site for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    That's horrid, you should just self-teach everything yourself. Examsolutions.net is a good site for this.
    Great advice! That is just what I am doing right now. I have a PowerPoint of past papers sectioned into topics so I'm doing them and anything I can't do examsolutions clears it all up for me

ReputationRep:
    Great advice! That is just what I am doing right now. I have a PowerPoint of past papers sectioned into topics so I'm doing them and anything I can't do examsolutions clears it all up for me
    Sounds awesome, be sure to come in and ask questions on TSR whenever you need something clearing up.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.