Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got accepted for a one year LSE MSc., where I have the chance to pick two optional courses besides compulsory units. Nevertheless, there are so many interesting courses to choose from that I may wish to take more than one. Is it possible? Or, alternatively, is it possible to spend one extra term/semester at the LSE and take those optional courses, even without writing the final exam? Maybe those questions will sound weird, and that's why I do not know the British education system! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Without specific knowledge of the LSE system, at MSc level, you can usually opt in to follow additional modules, but not be assessed in them. However, don't underestimate the quality and volume of work that your compulsory units will require: it can be quite tough to complete the MSc in one year, if your tutors have high standards (which they will, at LSE).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Without specific knowledge of the LSE system, at MSc level, you can usually opt in to follow additional modules, but not be assessed in them. However, don't underestimate the quality and volume of work that your compulsory units will require: it can be quite tough to complete the MSc in one year, if your tutors have high standards (which they will, at LSE).
    Thank you for your reply! And do you reckon it is possible to complete a one-year MSc in two years?

ReputationRep:
    As an LSE student.

Yes you can enrol in extra modules but you will not be assessed and it will not go towards any grades. You are known as an "auditing student" in those modules.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.