The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Taking more courses than needed

I just got accepted for a one year LSE MSc., where I have the chance to pick two optional courses besides compulsory units. Nevertheless, there are so many interesting courses to choose from that I may wish to take more than one. Is it possible? Or, alternatively, is it possible to spend one extra term/semester at the LSE and take those optional courses, even without writing the final exam? Maybe those questions will sound weird, and that's why I do not know the British education system! Thank you
Without specific knowledge of the LSE system, at MSc level, you can usually opt in to follow additional modules, but not be assessed in them. However, don't underestimate the quality and volume of work that your compulsory units will require: it can be quite tough to complete the MSc in one year, if your tutors have high standards (which they will, at LSE).
(edited 8 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by DrSocSciences
Without specific knowledge of the LSE system, at MSc level, you can usually opt in to follow additional modules, but not be assessed in them. However, don't underestimate the quality and volume of work that your compulsory units will require: it can be quite tough to complete the MSc in one year, if your tutors have high standards (which they will, at LSE).

Thank you for your reply! And do you reckon it is possible to complete a one-year MSc in two years?
Reply 3
As an LSE student.

Yes you can enrol in extra modules but you will not be assessed and it will not go towards any grades. You are known as an "auditing student" in those modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending