Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hey guys

anywayz i have a huge problem. my boyfreind treats me like :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. it started of with verbal abuse and trying to put me down etc to physical abuse. there is one time i told him to shut up after he was cursing at me and the next minute i know he slaps me across the face so hard i fainted. he doesn't let me talk to my friends, my parents etc. there is one time i was talking to a guy. it was an innocent thing
    he was asking if he could borrow my notes from class as he wasn't here the other day so i gave it to him. my boyfriend saw this from a distance and was accusing me of cheating on him. he was calling me a hoe, a slut etc.

this morning he cut my hair while i was asleep. (my hair is the only thing i liked about myself) and he knew this as i got a lot of compliments for it. now i look like an ugly beast. this guy has destroyed me i don't know what to do. yet i don't want to leave him thinking maybe he will change

ReputationRep:
    I would say Adios to him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    x
    I advise that you ring an abuse line of some sort and get away from him. He sounds unstable and could progress further to the point in which your life is endangered, I recommend you get professional help and get yourself as far away from him as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the point in posting...the obvious thing is to is tell him to p off

ReputationRep:
    He won't change, he sounds awful and you deserve way better, get in contact with your parents or a friend and stay with them for a while and in the meantime tell him you're done, and speak to the police whenever you can.

ReputationRep:
    He's crazy and never will change, dump him and don't give in to any threats or manipulation to try and get back with you, just cut him out of your life completely and get your parents etc involved if necessary
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I know its easier said than done and you probably still love him but for your own safety and quality of life, leave him. You deserve so much better. He needs professional help by the sounds of it tbh. He's not a partner, he is an abuser.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is not a troll. What do YOU think you should do OP?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

anywayz i have a huge problem. my boyfreind treats me like :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. it started of with verbal abuse and trying to put me down etc to physical abuse. there is one time i told him to shut up after he was cursing at me and the next minute i know he slaps me across the face so hard i fainted. he doesn't let me talk to my friends, my parents etc. there is one time i was talking to a guy. it was an innocent thing
    he was asking if he could borrow my notes from class as he wasn't here the other day so i gave it to him. my boyfriend saw this from a distance and was accusing me of cheating on him. he was calling me a hoe, a slut etc.

this morning he cut my hair while i was asleep. (my hair is the only thing i liked about myself) and he knew this as i got a lot of compliments for it. now i look like an ugly beast. this guy has destroyed me i don't know what to do. yet i don't want to leave him thinking maybe he will change

He is a genuine psychopath.

Get out.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

WTF??? SINCE WHEN IS GIVING CLASS NOTES TO SOMEONE A SIGN OF CHEATING??? WHAT KIND OF BF CUTS THEIR GF'S HAIR WHILST THEY ARE SLEEPING???. DUMP HIM NOW!!!

Seriously you don't deserve to go through this torture, you deserve so much better. If you are waiting for him to change, you are wasting your time. Please do yourself a favour and leave him now before it gets any worse.

ReputationRep:
    dump him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    he won't change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    WTF??? SINCE WHEN IS GIVING CLASS NOTES TO SOMEONE A SIGN OF CHEATING??? WHAT KIND OF BF CUTS THEIR GF'S HAIR WHILST THEY ARE SLEEPING???. DUMP HIM NOW!!!

Seriously you don't deserve to go through this torture, you deserve so much better. If you are waiting for him to change, you are wasting your time. Please do yourself a favour and leave him now before it gets any worse.
    Don't forget the slapping

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

I definitely agree with everyone saying dump him, but I'll add - do NOT dump him in person and in private. If you're going to do it in person, do it in a public place, preferably with people you know nearby to keep an eye on the situation, and don't go back to his or accept a lift from him afterwards, get a lift from a friend or family member. Even better, do it over the phone or over text or something when you're at the house of a friend or family member.

I'm not saying that he is going to do anything, but he sounds extremely unpredictable, and for your own safety I really think you need to be careful about the circumstances in which you dump him. There was a case recently where a woman was killed after breaking up with her boyfriend because he was so abusive. Obviously that's an extreme case, but since he's physically abused you before over minor things I definitely think you should err on the side of caution.

ReputationRep:
    April fools?

ReputationRep:
    If this is a serious post then it's a very sad one

I know how hard it is to leave someone who you have grown attached to but presumably you're young and have a whole life ahead of you, why are you wasting it on an abusive piece of shyt? Can you reach out to your family and friends or are you scared? When he is away you need to pack your bags and leave. A man who gets physically abusive like that can be dangerous if he thinks you will leave him. Call the police as well if you need to.

ReputationRep:
    With that grammar I don't blame him.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: off.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

cut ur hair? tell ur bro uncle or whoever to go sort him out
    is he dum

ReputationRep:
    The people of TSR aren't qualified for this situation.

Are you safe? Can you make a phone call?

If not, think of anywhere that is, any friends or family members who you could go to.

English National Domestic Violence Helpline
    0808 2000 247

Living without abuse
    0300 365 0112

Call one of the above numbers.

If you're in immediate danger, call 999. You don't necessarily have to say anything, just leave the line open if you can.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.