On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Chemistry - Can't decide between Southampton and Cardiff

Struggling with two course choices - both Mchem with year in industry:

Cardiff Uni
Southampton Uni

My offers for both are the same, and I do not have an overriding gut feeling about which place is right for me. Cost wise, first year housing looks a little cheaper at Cardiff, but after that private accommodation seems to be of similar cost, so is not of any real significance in my decision, similarly, the course structure of both, are alike, and research and rankings are pretty balanced.

I have attended open days and UCAS days at both, and still cannot decide between them!I had once found some individual student comments from the National Students Survey, which included such things as ease of transport/where to shop/availability of part-time jobs (those little things which might help make the decision), but I've lost the link! If anyone has any individual input on either uni, please feel free to comment - it would be really useful at this point.

Thanks!
If they are both same offers make sure you chose a lower offer as your insurance choice. But for first choice there is very little difference, you are right.

Your main consideration should then be how far from home are the unis. Train costs and ease of travel. You will go home atleast 3 times a year and direct and cheap train connections are very important.

One last thing. I think it rains more in Cardiff.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending