The Student Room Group

Queen Mary, Kings or Bath for Biomed?

My ultimate goal this year is to do amazingly in exams, take a gap year and re apply to study med at Uni next year. I have only recently decided that Med is what I really want to do and after doing work experience last week, this has only been clarified!!

Because I only just decided Med is what I want to do, I applied to study biomed at Uni next year which I plan on pursuing and then doing Med afterwards if my grades aren't good enough this year.

I really need advice on what uni to go to - I have biomed offers from Kings/Bath and Queen Mary. I was put off of Queen Mary as I really didn't like the accommodation but if you are on of the top 15 in the year at the end of a biomed degree, you get a place on their med course. I loved the campus with Bath but it's very far away and harder to get home if need be than Kings. Bath is better for biomed than Kings (8 in league tables) but Kings has the medicine course which I could transfer onto after.

HELP
Ignore league tables, they are nearly always wrong. Personally I think you should go somewhere where you will be happiest, if you are happy and content with your university and course you are much more likely to do well and ultimately that's what will get you into med school - your grades (and work experience). Grad entry med is expensive so it might be an idea to go somewhere where you can save some money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending