Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Exeter vs University of Reading (Law) Watch

• View Poll Results: Should I study Law at University of Exeter or University of Reading?
    University of Exeter
    100.00%
    University of Reading
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking to begin studying Law (LLB) in September but can't decide between University of Exeter and University of Reading. I have offers from both for AAB but not sure which is a better choice. I've been to open days but was wondering if anyone could offer any extra advice or information?
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I don't think there is any real difference in terms of prestige, go to whichever university you like best/has the best course. Look in detail at the modules available and think about what location offers the best job and internship opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I don't think there is any real difference in terms of prestige, go to whichever university you like best/has the best course. Look in detail at the modules available and think about what location offers the best job and internship opportunities.
    You don't? Alright then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johanna123)
    Hi, I'm looking to begin studying Law (LLB) in September but can't decide between University of Exeter and University of Reading. I have offers from both for AAB but not sure which is a better choice. I've been to open days but was wondering if anyone could offer any extra advice or information?
    Thanks
    This is rather straight-forward, Exeter.

Not an outstanding reputation but it is an RG and has a strong-ish if not slightly stronger reputation than Reading.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    You don't? Alright then.
    That's what I said. Alright?

ReputationRep:
    That's what I said. Alright?
    Aye, that's alright. No doubt you know a lot about the law scene.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Aye, that's alright. No doubt you know a lot about the law scene.
    Evidently more than you if you think an employer is going to care whether an applicant studied at Exeter or Reading.

Edit: I just realised you're an Exeter law student, so obviously you think Exeter is better than everywhere else - not going to argue this point with you.

ReputationRep:
    Evidently more than you if you think an employer is going to care whether an applicant studied at Exeter or Reading.
    You start out by saying 1) the unis are equal in terms of prestige to 2) employers don't care about the prestige. That's two separate propositions you're going to have a hard time reconciling.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You start out by saying 1) the unis are equal in terms of prestige to 2) employers don't care about the prestige. That's two separate propositions you're going to have a hard time reconciling.
    I didn't say that at all. But as I say, I'm not going to debate this with you. Good night.

ReputationRep:
    Edit: I just realised you're an Exeter law student, so obviously you think Exeter is better than everywhere else - not going to argue this point with you.
    It has nothing to do with whether or not I study at Exeter. Exeter is weaker than a whole range of universities, generally and specifically for law -- I am not emotionally invested. I'd challenge you if you were to say a similar thing about York or Warwick and my post history proves that.

You posted something clearly wrong. If you don't want to be challenged, don't make these types of posts. And if you are challenged, be intellectually honest. Avoid conflating two distinct propositions and dismissing people as "biased" when you don't have a clue about their background.

That said, enjoy your beauty sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johanna123)
    Thanks
    I would go for Exeter.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.