Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any opinions of the course at Exeter out there? Should you choose a course with a whole year in industry or will the 8 -12 weeks they offer be OK for employment?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the course but if the 8-12 week internship is offered as part of the course I would advise against it as it's not subject to wage regulations like a year in industry is plus you can get the same experience from a summer internship.

(Overall for employment in engineering an internship isn't really necessary, they mean you're more likely to get a better job rather than more likely to get a job in general)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If you want specific opinions from current Exeter students then it might be worth asking this in the University of Exeter forum. An 8 week placement is still more work experience then most graduates have; I wouldn't let the lack of a year in industry stop you attending the university you prefer... but that's just me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.