Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from both Bristol and Liverpool to do medicine.

I would just like to know about the teaching and assessment of each and the pros and cons of each course.

Also, are there any students out there at bristol? I would like to know about the assessments. Is it very exam based and little course work? Have you felt that you have been prepared for these exams?

Any help would be amazing!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It might be worth using the search tool to find peoples past experiences and opinions of those med schools (they've all been discussed a hundred times before, it shouldn't be had to find the answers you seek).

ReputationRep:
    bristol, without a doubt

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same predicament, offers from both these schools

ReputationRep:
    Leaning towards Bristol atm. Many reasons, I'm frequently in Liverpool. As much as I love the city, Bristol just seemed nicer - I know I'd be happier in Bristol. More of a warm, friendly city vibe. it's a UK Science city, and it's a green city. I just fell in love with Bristol during my time there.
    I know everyone says to ignore prestige, but I see it as there are league tables for a reason. Bristol is 13th in the UK for medicine, Liverpool is 32nd out of 34. Also Bristol is 4th in employability in the UK> I get that everywhere needs doctors but still!
    I just feel like Bristol would suit me more, in terms of course type, the area, the city..
    I'm keeping my options open at the moment, I'm trying to contact a family friend who's a third year at liverpool for medicine. But at the moment, I'm leaning towards Bristol!
    Are you leaning towards one of them?

ReputationRep:
    I think go with Birmingham, obviously the best uni for medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JannaX)
    I think go with Birmingham, obviously the best uni for medicine
    Ahahaha bham.. get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmer1998)
    Ahahaha bham.. get out.
    That was really rude I was actually trying to help

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.