The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jid12
Anyone know about the apprenticeship part of this job? What level will it be at?

Yes - told level 2 at interview / not sure they really knew!
Reply 2301
Original post by JAC567
Yes - told level 2 at interview / not sure they really knew!

Really? So what happens if I've already completed a level 3 one?
My interview in Durham next Saturday, anyone else
Original post by Jid12
Really? So what happens if I've already completed a level 3 one?

Not sure. Is it exactly the same qualification? Level may be irrelevant but qualification may be relevant. Remember job advert and campaign is an opportunity for everyone to apply no matter what qualifications they have. My advice would be to ask them. I have 3 qualifications at level 7. For me this is an opportunity to change careers. If unsure ask for clarification.
Reply 2304
Original post by JAC567
Not sure. Is it exactly the same qualification? Level may be irrelevant but qualification may be relevant. Remember job advert and campaign is an opportunity for everyone to apply no matter what qualifications they have. My advice would be to ask them. I have 3 qualifications at level 7. For me this is an opportunity to change careers. If unsure ask for clarification.

It may well be the same one, if its Operational Delivery that is. I don't mind doing the qualification to be honest. Was just hoping it's a level 4 one. I might ring the contact and ask. Thanks for your input.
Original post by Jid12
It may well be the same one, if its Operational Delivery that is. I don't mind doing the qualification to be honest. Was just hoping it's a level 4 one. I might ring the contact and ask. Thanks for your input.

Post what you find out. It is worrying that those that should know don't know! So info may help others. Hope you get some answers!
Reply 2306
Original post by JAC567
Post what you find out. It is worrying that those that should know don't know! So info may help others. Hope you get some answers!

Just rang the contact who confirmed that it would be a level 4 apprenticeship in Operational Delivery.
Original post by Jid12
Just rang the contact who confirmed that it would be a level 4 apprenticeship in Operational Delivery.

Yeah! Thanks for sharing🙃
Original post by Mcclorp
My interview in Durham next Saturday, anyone else

Mine is this Moday in Durham. Good luck
Original post by silver67surfer
It's a nationwide type campaign split into districts I think but dates for each district from interviews to getting results out etc will differ slightly as all the districts didn't have the same number of vacancies therefore more interview dates so frustratingly some people will get results before others and the problem on this forum is that we all get advice off each other and snippets of info but we forget we are applying for different districts and when someone gets an email or a result the first thing you think is I didn't get that and realise your not in the same district after you ask the question..

Being placed on the reserve list must be worse but going by the last campaign alot did get appointed from it so light at end of tunnel

Why is this process designed to be so frustrating .

I'm still on the reserve list from last campaign with a 6/5/5/4. I enquiried as to why another campaign was running when there were still around 70 on the reserve list for my particular area and was told "because we envisage that further work coaches may be required during the next 12 months". Yes, the system is infuriating! x
What id do i need to take om already a cival servant but for hmrc
Original post by Anisablue

I emailed the contact who said my building pass would be acceptable.

However when I was at the interview they wanted the ID that they state in the emails they would have sent you such as passport, bank statement etc.

Luckily I took it all with me just incase

My understanding you will still need to take along ID such as that indicated in the application pack, won't harm to take along your staff ID as well
I am HMRC staff too and after my interview yesterday can confirm ID is needed.
Original post by Nix1967
I'm still on the reserve list from last campaign with a 6/5/5/4. I enquiried as to why another campaign was running when there were still around 70 on the reserve list for my particular area and was told "because we envisage that further work coaches may be required during the next 12 months". Yes, the system is infuriating! x

So how does that work with people from the most recent intake being put on the reserve list? I'd hope you wouldn't get bumped down in place by people from this intake with higher scores.
Reply 2315
Hi,
congrats to all who got the job!!! I'm on reserve list.
To be honest, I thought I have failed the interview, having like a brain freeze and talking about totally different situations to demonstrate the competencies....therefore, my results are a complete disaster 4 4 4 4 :frown: I wrote to the DWP contact to find out my position on that list and it's 63.
Do you think I have any chance?
Reply 2316

You still need to take in ID that's on the attachments even if you're a civil servant already. I work at hmrc too and thought i wouldn't need to but still took them just in case. And they did need it. Take your CCSP too.
Original post by MGLST
Hi,
congrats to all who got the job!!! I'm on reserve list.
To be honest, I thought I have failed the interview, having like a brain freeze and talking about totally different situations to demonstrate the competencies....therefore, my results are a complete disaster 4 4 4 4 :frown: I wrote to the DWP contact to find out my position on that list and it's 63.
Do you think I have any chance?

Why do you think it was a disaster? I think a lot will depend on what area you are after.
Cool thanks everyone
Reply 2319
Original post by Armymedic2016
Why do you think it was a disaster? I think a lot will depend on what area you are after.

I don't know, I guess having 16 (4444) as a score after the interview doesn't allow too much room for speculations. I see people that were put on the reserve list having 25 points.
I have applied for Devon-Somerset.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending