The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lu93
Yeah hopefully! Do you need to give a notice in or anything?

No I'm not working at the moment so I'm in a good position if they want me to start with very short notice. What about you?
Reply 301
Hi. Anyone from Cheshire here? I'm on reserve and have been told that there are no vacancies in the centre that I applied. Wonder why it was listed in the first place then?! Anyone in the same situation?
Reply 302
What area did you apply for, im on reserve list and applied for chester and ellesmere port.
Reply 303
Macclesfield..
Reply 304
Hi trojka. Could you tell us how you found out that the Glasgow jobs have been announced please? I'm on the reserve list and would like to be able to know if i need to start looking elsewhere. Thanks.
Kingfan, the point of contact on the job advert told me by email. Did you get the Onboarding email?

Sun123 - the vacancies in the area you wanted have perhaps been filled with people from the reserve list from the last intake, this happened to several locations in east Scotland and I queried this at the interview. My hometown plus the next 4/5 closest all disappeared.
Reply 306
Original post by Kate349
No I'm not working at the moment so I'm in a good position if they want me to start with very short notice. What about you?

I've got a job but it's only a one week notice I'll have to give right now, still hoping to hear soon though because I don't want to lose out
Reply 307
Sun123 did you put any other areas down, I suppose it'll just be a waiting game now😞
Reply 308
Nope just macclesfield Jones. May I ask what your scores are and gave you been in touch with them for an update?

Trojka - If they already had a reserve list from the previous recruitment, then why put that centre down on the list again :-(
Original post by SUN123#

Trojka - If they already had a reserve list from the previous recruitment, then why put that centre down on the list again :-(

I know, really disappointing. Apparently they have done it before.
Reply 310
Trojka no I didn't get an onboarding email - not sure what that is sorry...? got an email at the start of this week asking me to fill in a disclosure form but not heard anything since.
Reply 311
Sorry I'm an idiot. Just looked at the email again and seen that onboarding is the disclosure email.
Reply 312
Original post by SUN123#
Nope just macclesfield Jones. May I ask what your scores are and gave you been in touch with them for an update?

Not brilliant score only just got through with 5454, not expecting much.
Original post by PandaSal
Did you disclose your conviction? If you disclosed the conviction and depending on what it is you should be fine however if you didn't disclose, you may find they'll ask more questions just the same as any job.

I was advised by a DWP employee that I did not need to declare my convictions however after doing some careful research I realised that I was misinformed. I then declared and disclosed my conviction in an email to the on boarding team but have not heard anything back. I just hope that this doesn't have a negative impact on the outcome of my application.
Reply 314
Hi Guys, great idea about this board so we can all go on this dwp rollacosta ride together. I have my fingers crossed for all of you on reserve lists and I hope they advertise again for those who were not successful this time around.
I got a provisional offer for London, like others on here I am also very worried about my pre-employment checks as I did not leave my last employer on good terms (long story).
Any how I was wondering about the pay, for London it says the salary is £24.930.00p - £29,290.00p does anyone have any idea what this means? If successful do we start on the low salary then work our way up, does the pay depend on the location or is it based on individual experience?
I'm just curious as I'm not to concerned about the pay as job satisfaction is the most important part for me. Plus I have to leave my current job my manager is a ego centric nightmare!
Original post by KIM_123
Hi Guys, great idea about this board so we can all go on this dwp rollacosta ride together. I have my fingers crossed for all of you on reserve lists and I hope they advertise again for those who were not successful this time around.
I got a provisional offer for London, like others on here I am also very worried about my pre-employment checks as I did not leave my last employer on good terms (long story).
Any how I was wondering about the pay, for London it says the salary is £24.930.00p - £29,290.00p does anyone have any idea what this means? If successful do we start on the low salary then work our way up, does the pay depend on the location or is it based on individual experience?
I'm just curious as I'm not to concerned about the pay as job satisfaction is the most important part for me. Plus I have to leave my current job my manager is a ego centric nightmare!

You'll get the basic rate of pay unless you can prove that you deserve more which wouldn't be likely as otherwise you would go for a higher grade job.

Also good luck, egos are everywhere in the civil service 😂
Reply 316
Thanks for the reply, is £29.290.00p just noted on the advert to attract people to the role, how does the pay structure work? are the targets difficult to achieve.
What do you mean egos are everywhere?I don't think I can handle a job with ego centric managers/ co-workers I already have to deal with this type hassle everyday from my manager.... anyone else feeling my pain of having a nasty manager?
Reply 317
Has anyone been offered jobs from the Cheshire area yet after the mix up last week.
Hi all, I've been offered Coventry position with a score of 6777, told today that in the future will work up until 8pm and 1 in 4 weekends, have not been informed of pay, all will be on Flexitime contract - whatever that means? Will be to start within the next 2 weeks, I have been on reserve list one week.
Reply 319
Original post by Waiting1990
Hi all, I've been offered Coventry position with a score of 6777, told today that in the future will work up until 8pm and 1 in 4 weekends, have not been informed of pay, all will be on Flexitime contract - whatever that means? Will be to start within the next 2 weeks, I have been on reserve list one week.

Oh well done thats great news

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending