The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RichEO
I had a call this morning too. I was told my location - but they told me they're giving some people 'Conditional offers' - which means you start before your checks are completed. There's obviously a minor risk involved if you have any kind of faulty background, but you don't have to accept the offer, you can wait for the checks to be completed.

It would involve having limited working access though, but does mean you can complete your training while the checks are ongoing.

Happy happy :smile: good luck to everyone else, I'm starting in June!

Ah well done and good luck! What region / office?
Original post by When.can.I.start
I had a a friend who started recently in the last round of vacancies in January.He got his results in late February and he got a start dat in early april.checks will take approx 4-6 weeks max but you have to be on the ball and chase if needed

Hi. Who do you chase if needed? I contacted the lady on the application but she said Civil Service Recruiting were in charge if the checks and until they give the say so they cant make formal offers.... i have no other contacts to chase (if needed to)
Reply 362
Original post by BigFatVegan83
Ah well done and good luck! What region / office?

Thanks! It's Birmingham / south west. Got really lucky with my first choice (2 mins from where I live).
Reply 363
Original post by RichEO
Thanks! It's Birmingham / south west. Got really lucky with my first choice (2 mins from where I live).

Well done, just hoping that a job comes up within the 6 months waiting list for the rest of us. 2 mins for where you live too fabulous 😃
Hi all ,

for all who are on the reserve list.

It would be interesting to know your scores and what region you are reserve in.

I got a total of 21 and i am on reserve in the london region
Original post by Filedundermisc
21 and below? I scored 21 exactly and really feel like i don't have a chance getting off the reserve list.

A score of 20 and below is an automatic decline.The reserve list in london is made of applicants who achieved a score of 21
A score of 20 and below is an automatic decline.The reserve list in london is made of applicants who achieved a score of 21

I made the reserve list with a low 19. Not for London though and I'm not expecting to come off the list.
I scored 18 and am on the reserve list for Birmingham, the cut of is scoring 4 and above in each competency, you could have three 7's and one 3 and not get through!
Reply 368
28 and on the reserve list...
Original post by SUN123#
28 and on the reserve list...

Blimey! In what area?
Hi all ,

for all who are on the reserve list.

It would be interesting to know your scores and what region you are reserve in.

I got a total of 21 and i am on reserve in the london region

26 reserve list,west wales area!
Reply 371
Original post by Filedundermisc
Blimey! In what area?

Cheshire
Reply 372
Ratings 1-3 = the applicant has not provided enough evidence to demonstrate effectiveness in this competency. Rating 4 = the applicant has provided acceptable levels of evidence to demonstrate effectiveness in this competency. Ratings 5-7 = the applicant has provided comprehensive evidence to demonstrate effectiveness in this competency. The minimum score for Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) candidates should be set at 4. In exceptional cases, such as when the volume of applicants is likely to be high, departments can merit list applicants and only take through to the next stage the highest scorers on the understanding that: The pass mark for GIS candidates is set no higher than 4 per competency Applicants are informed in the advert what mechanism the Department will be using to manage the high volume recruitment. For example, higher weighting for a lead competency

Just found this if it helps
22 reserve list South Wales
19 reserve for Glasgow/Lanarkshire and East Scotland
23 reserve list South Wales ( Swansea , Morriston and Gorseinon ) does anyone know how many lists for each area there are ?? Or is there one list for South Wales and say a vacancy comes up in one of the centres do they just look on it and offer it to the person who has requested it nearest the top if any of you know what I mean by this ? I'm a quarter of way down apparently but was not told how many lists they have for one area lol
Just had an email, givin me my location for London. :smile: I got the location where I had my interview. Good luck to all of you. I hope those on reserve list get offered a place and everyone gets the locations that suits them best.
Original post by awascher
Just had an email, givin me my location for London. :smile: I got the location where I had my interview. Good luck to all of you. I hope those on reserve list get offered a place and everyone gets the locations that suits them best.

Ah that's fab news 😀 congratulations and good luck ! Let us all know how the job is when you start 👍
Reply 378
Anyone else in london had the call or email? I can't stand this waiting!
Original post by Scotchy
Anyone else in london had the call or email? I can't stand this waiting!

I still havent heard anything. What part of London is everyone receiving their locations in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending