The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by awascher
North London... They are taking ages.

Don't worry about it the fact that they are taking ages is a good thing! I know from experience lol
Original post by KottonKandi
Don't worry about it the fact that they are taking ages is a good thing! I know from experience lol

Thank you. That's reassuring. I suppose if they gave me an indication as to how long I wouldn't mind. But I called them a couple of times and noone knows anything. One of my personal references have been contacted yesterday so hopefully not long left.
Just spoke to someone and out of 205 successful people only 1 check came back completed as of yet.... We will be waiting for ever and ever and ever... :smile:
Original post by Jo67
No i didnt as they said that they have an issue with they HR
have you got a start date?
Atone started ? How's it going
Original post by prinny88
Atone started ? How's it going

Not yet, still waiting for the checks to be cleared. Where are you going to be based?
Has anyone heard back from their pre-employment checks?
Reply 527
Has anyone heard back from their pre-employment checks?

I have had a email from them telling me they have not had a reply from my employer about my reference, I spoke to my employer and they told me they had sent the reference reply a week ago and even showed me the sent email time and date. I emailed the DWP yesterday to tell them this and have not had a reply yet. I am very worried this whole situation makes me feel so stressed. They have no idea what is going on. They have asked me for my personal reference for the third time now. I feel like I am going to miss out on this job because of all of this. Any one else having problems?
Original post by KIM_123
I have had a email from them telling me they have not had a reply from my employer about my reference, I spoke to my employer and they told me they had sent the reference reply a week ago and even showed me the sent email time and date. I emailed the DWP yesterday to tell them this and have not had a reply yet. I am very worried this whole situation makes me feel so stressed. They have no idea what is going on. They have asked me for my personal reference for the third time now. I feel like I am going to miss out on this job because of all of this. Any one else having problems?

I know, I'm in a similar situation. I have spoken to Disclosure Scotland who already posted my certificate on Monday sonthat should be with them. My references all responded last week, yet I was told today that they are still awaiting the outcomes of the checks. Is there a contact number for the people doing the checks? I emailed them yesterday, however did not receive any response.
Reply 529
Well there is still hope! I got a provisional offer today after being placed on reserve list 😊
Original post by Benicaz
Well there is still hope! I got a provisional offer today after being placed on reserve list 😊

What area?
Reply 531
Manchester
Original post by Benicaz

Congratulations! Well done! Now only two month waiting for the checks ☺️ Lol
Reply 533
Congratulations! Well done! Now only two month waiting for the checks ☺️ Lol

Well I've waited long enough for an offer😂 it says 20 working days on the letter, guessing not lol
Original post by Benicaz
Well I've waited long enough for an offer😂 it says 20 working days on the letter, guessing not lol

I know. I had my offer on the 16th of May, still waiting for checks. Lol Anyway, it will all be over one day. Keep it positive ☺️
Reply 535
I know. I had my offer on the 16th of May, still waiting for checks. Lol Anyway, it will all be over one day. Keep it positive ☺️

Thank you 😊
Reply 536
So today I got a call with a start date in 2 weeks, she said they are starting people anyway before all checks are finished.
(edited 7 years ago)
Blimey! They can move fast when they want to lol

Good luck!
My checks got completed yesterday. Starting on the 25th. Finally :smile:
My checks got completed yesterday. Starting on the 25th. Finally :smile:

Congrats! You must be relieved. Can you ask them to take me off the reserve list too? Lol

Quick Reply