Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Glastonbury watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So who's been watching it? Who's stood out to you? I was very impressed with the Bees, and it was good to hear Oasis play a lot of their earlier stuff. Liked the Chemical Brothers too, I may have to check them out at T in the Park. Tonight should be good too - Supergrass, Morrissey and Muse

ReputationRep:
    i've only seen the a few things. Oasis i thought were a little disappointing, they lacked something. Elbow started well but then disappointed in the end. Keane were ok throughout. I thought starsailor were v good with the crowd. Looking forward to muse though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i've only seen the a few things. Oasis i thought were a little disappointing, they lacked something. Elbow started well but then disappointed in the end. Keane were ok throughout. I thought starsailor were v good with the crowd. Looking forward to muse though!!!
    I'd really liked to have seen some of Elbow - they're one of my favourite bands. Didn't get chance to see them though.

ReputationRep:
    Oasis and Muse are the only bands worth seing there

well Joss Stone is worth a look as well

paul McCartney almost made me physicaly sick, such a cheesy performance, we all know his biggest fan, that is himself. GOD it was painful watching him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    Oasis and Muse are the only bands worth seing there

well Joss Stone is worth a look as well

paul McCartney almost made me physicaly sick, such a cheesy performance, we all know his biggest fan, that is himself. GOD it was painful watching him
    No wwwwway! Macca was awesome last night, great performance from a true legend if you ask me mate!!

ReputationRep:
    MattG went to Glastonbury didn't he? You can ask him when he gets back

ReputationRep:
    you can still see elbow - www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/ click on the "watch now" button and select "Elbow", then you can watch their performance. They started well, but then got crap in my opinion - i thought they were better in moderation, like when i first saw them supporting muse at wembley.....WOO muse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    No wwwwway! Macca was awesome last night, great performance from a true legend if you ask me mate!!
    I think if you asked him, he would say he is a true legend as well

he loves himself so much, it was actualy a pain to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    I think if you asked him, he would say he is a true legend as well

he loves himself so much, it was actualy a pain to watch
    Heh well you can go listen to the Beastie Boys, see ya!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    Heh well you can go listen to the Beastie Boys, see ya!
    if they end up playing at Reading Fest i Will:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen bits here and there.

Scissor Sistors were really good fun.

ReputationRep:
    After watching it, I *have* to see Orbital at T in the Park. Now to decide between Snow Patrol (who I've seen before) and the Chemical Brothers straight afterwards....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    After watching it, I *have* to see Orbital at T in the Park. Now to decide between Snow Patrol (who I've seen before) and the Chemical Brothers straight afterwards....
    Didn't they say Orbitals last gig was Glastonbury? They were making a big fuss about that on the tv coverage last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Didn't they say Orbitals last gig was Glastonbury? They were making a big fuss about that on the tv coverage last night.
    Yeah, that pissed me off because it's *not* their last ever one. T in the Park will be

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, Jamie Cullum was superb also.

ReputationRep:
    grrr i couldnt stay up and watch the Muse webcast, cos i had an exam today, so needed sleep. But i thought they were gonna have the full webcasts available to watch, but now it looks like they've changed their mind and instead are gonna just have a crappy "highlights" things, where there is only one song from each band - that ****ing sucks! I WANT TO SEE THE WHOLE ****ING THING...GRRR

ReputationRep:
    Muse were amazing :eek:. Macca has lost it though. His voice has gone and his new song was awful. He should give up before he really ruins his rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Muse were amazing :eek:. Macca has lost it though. His voice has gone and his new song was awful. He should give up before he really ruins his rep.
    Can you imagine what they'll be like in a tent at T in the Park? :eek:
    I, however, will be off to see Sir David of Bowie - I know a lot of people are pissed off that they won't be able to see both - I am for one.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    hmmmm quick rundown:

Friday:

Watched Ralph Myerz and the Jack Herren Band (in the opening slot that the darkness took last yr) good if a little odd - any band with 2 drummers is good for a laugh though.

Wondered over to the acoustic stage to watch taima...good if a little bjork like (ie ok if you can handle a bjork like voice not ok if you can't)

Wandered over to the caberet tent (try as I might I cannot resist it's draw) and saw the ladies of the waves (again!!), Jack cowley (probably would have been funnier if he hadn't bee so hungover), David Rovics (protest songs...quite funny), the wonderful Attilla the Stockbrocker and the classic John Otway. Also saw an impromptu set from Paul Merton :cool:

That night I went to see the Steve Frost Improv show at the theatre tent (Steve Frost, Paul Merton, Phil Jupitus, Richard Vranche and 2 others) which was hilarious.

Then stumbled past the Kings of Leon (pants - played molly's kitchen twice because the audience lost interest (or they'd forgottent that they'd already done it)). Popped into the Glade to dance to Infusion (very good - currently kazaa-ing for some tracks) then over to finish the night off with the chemical brothers (who were superb (speaking as someone who's not a big fan they blew me away)).

Saturday:

Found myself at the jazzworld stage (shiney flags) and watched Mosiamo who won the unsigned bands contest - fantastic singers (if a bit "world music") very impressed.

Stumbled up to the acoustic tent to get out of the rain (and eat a lovely sandwich from the common ground cafe) sat through some frantic twiddly folk crap that annoyed the hell out of me.

Stumbled back to tent for a nap catching the end of Keane on the way - very good but sounded a bit too much like a recording for my liking (I like live versions to sound live not just the same as the records).

Wandered back out of the tent in time to catch the end of British Sea Power (who didn't do much for me) then went back to the Jazzworld stage to watch Joss Stone (good but lost the audience as soon as she started singing an oasis cover 3 songs in). Back up to the acoustic stage for The Rutles which was all the funnier because of the groups of "youngsters" who didn't get the joke :rolleyes: . Then off to watch macca who was so so....if he hadn't talked so much and played a few more fun songs it would have been good, as it was it was ok. By this point I was a little wasted and was trying to heckle macca (from miles away from the stage) every time he said something about glastonberry ("It's bury you tosser").

Then went to the cinema field and listened to Starsky and Hutch (the picture wasn't working) until they gave up then watched kill bill until the film caught on fire hehehe

Sunday

Yeovil Town band did their usual stirling work, followed by the ENO singing the ride of the valkaries - which was ok but went on a bit and the audience was more entertaining (people wearing formal suits etc).

Wandered over to the other stage hoping to catch the end of the zutons (after reading that their lead singer was a rutles fan ) but missed - watched divine comedy (did a wonderful cover of QOTSA (cant remember the title but it's the one with the freaky whispering in it - noone knows) which sounded great played on the banjo)

Went for nap before re-emerging for a comedy night - caberet tent till 10:30pm then fire and dance stage for a wonderful Bill Bailey set...which finished just in time to watch the fireworks in the stone circle.

Went to the stone circle and partied until the sun came up - went to bed at 6am this morning got 3 hrs sleep then packed up, left at 1pm - back at 5pm. Very tired but very happy...can't wait til next year (U2 :cool: )
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Can you imagine what they'll be like in a tent at T in the Park? :eek:
    I, however, will be off to see Sir David of Bowie - I know a lot of people are pissed off that they won't be able to see both - I am for one.
    I hope he's recovered in time - he was taken into hospital this morning in germany with a trapped nerve...when is t?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.