Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    HI all i'm new here but I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I currently live in the UK and about to finish college and soon going to uni but a lot has changed and it turns out im moving to Canada for 2 years lol. i have been looking at long distance learning as i would love to get my BSc in a computing subject. does anybody know a good place that offers these courses? or is it even possible to study that long distance haha any help would be amazing
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

    These are the distance learning degrees I know of, but there might be more.

    The Open University
    BSc Computing and IT

    The University of London (International Programme)
    BSc Computing and Information Systems
    BSc Creative Computing

    Staffordshire University
    BSc Applied Computing

    University of Hertfordshire
    BSc Computer Science

    Not sure if you could study with these from Canada though, you'd have to check. Would it not bet better just to wait 2 years and start your degree when you get back?

    Why are you moving to Canada?

    If it's just that your parents are moving, I would have thought that your best option would be to go to uni here, live in halls and see them in the holidays, just like international students do.

    Alternatively, perhaps you could go to university in Canada?

    Do be aware that if you do go to Canada for two years and then return and want to go to uni here, there's a very significant likelihood that it will cause issues with your student finance - you could find yourself reclassified as an international student, because fee status is based on residency, not citizenship.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.