Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have chosen Bournemouth Uni as my insurance choice, but think its highly likely i will end up at BU.

However, my placement is in Salisbury, and I am a mature student (28) which makes me feel nervous about mixing with other students.

Is anyone else hoping to get hospital accommodation there? I am also hoping to apply for bursary, maintenance loan and student finance, not sure if we can apply for all 3???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondebabi88)
    Hi everyone,

I have chosen Bournemouth Uni as my insurance choice, but think its highly likely i will end up at BU.

However, my placement is in Salisbury, and I am a mature student (28) which makes me feel nervous about mixing with other students.

Is anyone else hoping to get hospital accommodation there? I am also hoping to apply for bursary, maintenance loan and student finance, not sure if we can apply for all 3???
    Hi there!

My names Hannah and I'm currently a student at Bournemouth University. Unfortunately, I don't study Adult Nursing, but some future students have set up a thread about studying at Salisbury here. Hopefully this will help!

In terms of Student finance, you can apply for both a Tuition and Maintenance Loan through the government student finance. This will cover your course fees and also help with living costs. For more information, have a look at the student finance website.

Your application for Student Finance will not affect your ability to apply for bursaries and scholarships, as long as you are eligible by the criteria for each. For example, some bursaries will require you to have achieved a specific grade or be earning below a certain income, but each bursary is different! Make sure you do your research beforehand as different Universities will have different bursaries, and you want to get the most out of what you are eligible for!
    For more information on BU bursaries, have a look at our page.

Any other queries, please feel free to contact our AskBU service who are happy to answer any student enquiries!

Hope this helps!
    Hannah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.