Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Important parts of history answers other than Information and analysis? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm writing my Cambridge A levels in the upcoming May/june series. All my information is in place, as is my ability to analyse. Is there anything else that must be included in the answer for it to be brilliant?
    Also, my teacher told me that I am missing some general key terms in my answer, but didn't tell me what they were. By general, I mean words that are not specific to any specific topic but enhance the answer, both source-type and essay-type. Any suggestion??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by engtory)
    So I'm writing my Cambridge A levels in the upcoming May/june series. All my information is in place, as is my ability to analyse. Is there anything else that must be included in the answer for it to be brilliant?
    Also, my teacher told me that I am missing some general key terms in my answer, but didn't tell me what they were. By general, I mean words that are not specific to any specific topic but enhance the answer, both source-type and essay-type. Any suggestion??
    More than anything, historiography and awareness of debate is the most important thing in a good essay.

ReputationRep:
    I know that. Such things are already incorporated in my answers. What I meant was are there words, take for example the word intentionalist, which is reasonably common across many topics in history, which makes essay sound polished and more professional.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.