Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking back to when I left school many years ago last night I remember a huge sweeping feeling of happiness starting in my stomach and then spreading through my body.

I actually felt the same when i enrolled at collage even though i spent 4 years there not 2.

any way how did you guys feel when you left?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    When good things come to an end, I usually feel a bit sad.

Especially Year 13, I was like 'ah crap we only have 6 months... 3 months.. 1 month.. 1 week of lessons left :cry: I'm gonna miss this so much'.

ReputationRep:
    i was sad as me and my best friend had been besties for years and were in the same lessons and we was going to different unis,

sad :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Felt awesome when I left Year 11 and went to a sixth form college. I liked very few people at my secondary school, and was glad to get away from them.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise it at the time but I met my future husband, made so friends and got good results. Best time of my life in education was in 6th form. I am still in touch with many of my old teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Am in year 13, when I went to 6th form loads of people had left and we'd only text on birthdays or christmas, friendship group dropped from 11 people to just 5.
    Come year 13, another 2 people lost, left with like 3 proper friends, though I talk to pretty much everyone :lol:

And now I'm just ready to GTFO like im || <- this close to dropping out rn ngl :lol: ITS SO HARD :cry:
    I'm taking a gap year so not only is everyone going to different unis but I'm gonna be a year behind, oh well

Am just excited to leave
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Was very happy too when Year 13 ended. Wasn't really sad at all tbh :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    ending year 13 was weird for me it was jus like right you've passed go home I was expecting a bang but it need with a whimper I wasn't unhappy at collage but I was ready to move on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.