Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE subject range watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am in Year 11, I am a EAL student. I just to UK in September 2015,I only did 9 GCSE(Math, English langue,English literature, Triple science, Chinese, statistics and RS.Is my GCSE subject rang not wise enough to apply to top university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Nie)
    I am in Year 11, I am a EAL student. I just to UK in September 2015,I only did 9 GCSE(Math, English langue,English literature, Triple science, Chinese, statistics and RS.Is my GCSE subject rang not wise enough to apply to top university
    GCSE's aren't something that is really looked upon when applying to university. The most they look ast is having 7 A* to C grade GCSE and must have a B or higher in both Mathematics and English GCSE.

You don't need to worry about what subjects you do for GCSE.

So yeah they're good GCSE's to apply to a top university, just get good grades in them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    GCSE's aren't something that is really looked upon when applying to university. The most they look ast is having 7 A* to C grade GCSE and must have a B or higher in both Mathematics and English GCSE.

You don't need to worry about what subjects you do for GCSE.

So yeah they're good GCSE's to apply to a top university, just get good grades in them!
    Thank you so much!(^ー^)ノbut if I retake my English can I still apply to good univercities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Nie)
    Thank you so much!(^ー^)ノbut if I retake my English can I still apply to good univercities?
    Of course, just make sure you get a B or higher.

Here's a few tips: Practise your writing skills, reading also helps build your vocabulary. I found it really useful to read the newspaper daily and analysing them.

You can always use the TSR Study Resources, pretty helpful revision material on there. Also there is a very useful Study Planner on TSR which you may use, if you find that timetables are something you don't stick to then make a list of things to do per day/week and tick it off as you go along.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Of course, just make sure you get a B or higher.

Here's a few tips: Practise your writing skills, reading also helps build your vocabulary. I found it really useful to read the newspaper daily and analysing them.

You can always use the TSR Study Resources, pretty helpful revision material on there. Also there is a very useful Study Planner on TSR which you may use, if you find that timetables are something you don't stick to then make a list of things to do per day/week and tick it off as you go along.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    thank you!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.