Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Redoing my bio a level what's the easiest/ best exam board to do it on?

ReputationRep:
    Not Edexcel that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    aqa is pretty good but then again thats the only exam board i've been with

ReputationRep:
    I've done OCR and AQA. OCR is good in the sense that for your practical assessments you are able to take each one up to 3 times and take your best mark, however OCR like to mess with your head a bit - some years they will ask the same/similar questions but have different mark schemes so it isn't easy to get the marks.
    AQA like to ask completely off topic questions and also mess you up with mark scheme differences.

Overall I preferred OCR but my school have just switched to AQA because a lot of students didn't do as well with OCR and had to retake (although this could have just been affected by those three year groups).

ReputationRep:
    New OCR exam is littered with a few problems. This mainly relates to the textbook which they have provided, which on several occasions is just downright wrong. Although, i imagine all the other courses would also be struggling with this due to the news specifications.

ReputationRep:
    im new on here dont really know how to use this but my exam board for biology is WJEC.
    also head over to the thread I started on AS exams 2016

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.