Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ate like crap the last few days, should i still go to the gym? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Since my last gym session two days ago Ive barely eaten much, just enough to satisfy hunger cravings which I know can't have possibly been over 500-700 cals a day which is way below even my BMR, plus a fair bit of alcohol

I want to go to the gym today but I dont know if theres any point? Should I just eat lots right now so I can get my energy levels up, and go to the gym in a few hours?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Yes just don't expect any PRs

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Yes just don't expect any PRs

/thread
    Just to clarify

My current lifts are my personal bests, so should i not expect to complete all the sets/reps?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tootles44)
    Just to clarify

My current lifts are my personal bests, so should i not expect to complete all the sets/reps?
    Go for it, just don't be too disheartened if you don't feel like you can complete all of them. Also - don't fail - it'll bury you

ReputationRep:
    Just do it.

Alcohol has more calories than you think, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go to gym but on way pop in to McD's to pack in some calories on the way?😎

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, just don't be too disheartened if you don't feel like you can complete all of them. Also - don't fail - it'll bury you
    It'll bury me?!?!? like injure me if I have bad form?

ReputationRep:
    Since my last gym session two days ago Ive barely eaten much, just enough to satisfy hunger cravings which I know can't have possibly been over 500-700 cals a day which is way below even my BMR, plus a fair bit of alcohol

I want to go to the gym today but I dont know if theres any point? Should I just eat lots right now so I can get my energy levels up, and go to the gym in a few hours?
    well it depends- how much energy do you have now? Do you think you'll manage a gym session? You could go if you like but listen to your body and if you feel like you can't carry on then don't. But definitely have an energy boosting snack/meal before. Or atleast a banana or something
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Your cutting yes? Also you're eating like ****

Burying you is fatigue and you will struggle to recover adequately for your next session

ReputationRep:
    Your cutting yes? Also you're eating like ****

Burying you is fatigue and you will struggle to recover adequately for your next session
    Yes indeed I am

So should I not do a rep if the last one took out all my steam?

Damn, lol I guess i'll just have to learn my lesson by grinding through these next few sessions trying to get on track again, that'll teach me to go so off track :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It can come up to serious injuries, especially in compound movements like squats and deadlifts. It won't bury you if you're using low weights but muscle stretching, tearing and dislocation can be expected in higher weights.

On-topic: Don't leave the gym, keep lifting. You won't die of starvation lol. Maybe it's just some days that you don't feel like eating. Logically speaking, gym uses energy so your appetite should've been increased, but I don't know why it didn't. Just remember the rule: No pain, no gain

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.