Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA AS English Literature & Language: Paris Anthology revision tips? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm currently studying the new AQA specification for English Lit & Lang. I'm finding revision for the Paris anthology difficult, as it is such a broad anthology with so much content.

Does anyone have any tips for revision? Or any advice on what to look for when analysing texts?

ReputationRep:
    hi I know this is a late reply, but could help with some last minute revision, I have just made a simple table for each article so that I know a basic over view of all the texts so not blank-well hopefully when go into the exam. I've attached an example of one of the texts hope this helps. Good Luck!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx 18 months later.docx (11.5 KB, 463 views)

ReputationRep:
    What poetry are you guys doing/book? I've not met anyone outside of my class doing the same as us (we're doing CAD and Lovely bones)

ReputationRep:
    we're just doing Duffy for poetry, its a bit dull but shouldn't be too bad in the exam as there aren't many variations of questions that can be asked.

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find paper 1? I also did CAD and The Lovely Bones and think the novel side of the exam was slightly easier than the poems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeng123)
    How did you guys find paper 1? I also did CAD and The Lovely Bones and think the novel side of the exam was slightly easier than the poems?
    thought that the theme of youth was easy enough given the nature of the two poems, & the extract we had from The Handmaid's Tale was a gift really.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a list of the types of formats that we may ahve to do the recast the text in?

like radio advertisement etc

ReputationRep:
    really not feeling the exam tomorrow haha I hope the recast isn't evil!

ReputationRep:
    Hope you did ok on the poetry on Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lois Bradley)
    Hope you did ok on the poetry on Friday
    I did Carol Ann Duffy and Frankenstein! Frankenstein was a joke tbh Poetry wasn't tooooo bad!

How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was brilliant I think
    Othello was a good question
    The poem was After the Lunch by Wendy Cope. (Fav poem in anthology) and I was procrastinating in the exams for about 5 mins just about how I loved the poem 😂

ReputationRep:
    How did people get on with the questions on Paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeng123)
    I don't know what you thought but i thought it was quite predictable what they asked? i was super happy with the poetry though not so much with the book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivia248)
    hi I know this is a late reply, but could help with some last minute revision, I have just made a simple table for each article so that I know a basic over view of all the texts so not blank-well hopefully when go into the exam. I've attached an example of one of the texts hope this helps. Good Luck!
    I know this is an old thread, but I have my exam friday and this has helped me so much now that I've got everything down about all the texts where its easy to read! Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.