Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I need to do a survey for my dissertation focusing mainly on Canada and USA, but I don't know anyone in either country, so I was wondering if there is a survey website that I could create my survey and get responses from these countries without needing to pay or look around for people on the internet!

Please help, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Johnny

ReputationRep:
    It depends what sort of survey you are looking for. You could try using survey monkey, but instead of working hard looking around the internet, just post it anywhere, but include a question where you ask what country they are from. Then you do the survey a couple of times and hopefully get the numbers you need for US/Canada.

Have you tried googling free market research? I've found this website: numbuzzresearch.com. Haven't used it myself but seems to be doing what you need.

ReputationRep:
    Your institution may have organisational access to specific survey platforms (e.g., Qualtrics) or there are free alternatives (e.g., Surveymonkey)

Good places to post would be callforparticipants.com and also SampleSize on Reddit. You could also try taking part in the research of American students on these sites and swapping your survey with them to encourage participation..

Another route would be to check whether your institution has an international students club/association, as well as any other clubs relevant to North American students. Then, seek permission to advertise your study on their social media pages and perhaps take paper copies of your survey along to any meet-ups.

If you find the above advice helpful, please consider doing my study. It investigates the link between Personalities & Political Opinions, takes only 15 minutes and you can win up to 5 x £10 gift vouchers for participating. Link here: https://cccusocialsciences.az1.qualt...QGTJA1xWYbLolT

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewWilliams80)
    It depends what sort of survey you are looking for. You could try using survey monkey, but instead of working hard looking around the internet, just post it anywhere, but include a question where you ask what country they are from. Then you do the survey a couple of times and hopefully get the numbers you need for US/Canada.

Have you tried googling free market research? I've found this website: numbuzzresearch.com. Haven't used it myself but seems to be doing what you need.
    Thanks Andrew - I had thought of adding a country question to a normal surveymonkey questionnaire, but felt like it would be a hassle to sort it out afterwards (lazy!). Looked at numbuzzresearch.com and it might do what I need, will give it a go.

(Original post by Mark_Carew)
    Your institution may have organisational access to specific survey platforms (e.g., Qualtrics) or there are free alternatives (e.g., Surveymonkey)

Good places to post would be callforparticipants.com and also SampleSize on Reddit. You could also try taking part in the research of American students on these sites and swapping your survey with them to encourage participation..

Another route would be to check whether your institution has an international students club/association, as well as any other clubs relevant to North American students. Then, seek permission to advertise your study on their social media pages and perhaps take paper copies of your survey along to any meet-ups.

If you find the above advice helpful, please consider doing my study. It investigates the link between Personalities & Political Opinions, takes only 15 minutes and you can win up to 5 x £10 gift vouchers for participating. Link here: https://cccusocialsciences.az1.qualt...QGTJA1xWYbLolT

Cheers!
    Thanks Mark - stupidly I hadn't thought of using paper copies to international students, good idea. And thanks for your link, sounds interesting will take a look

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.