Do you think that america is the worse country on earth?

Watch
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As a country it is an awful modern country it's culture kind of consists of hamburgers trucks fat people etc. If you look at a country like China it is relatively modern in it's buildings etc however it has a rich food culture and it's own language. When you think about Russia or India etc most countries have a strong culture etc however as the world's superpower America seems to be such an awful country.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it's a messy place with all sorts of things happening, i wouldn't live there ever
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
America is pretty bad, but there are some countries where roving gangs of armed thugs wander around shooting, raping and enslaving people and taking their stuff. It's not the worst country in the world by far.

Look up the Democratic Republic of the Congo - or, indeed, don't, because it's really depressing.
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I think are far worse countries in the world, in fact I would like to live in the US one day.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The worst country is an exaggeration and nowhere near. For a category they claim to be in which is the worlds superiors they are certainly somewhere at the bottom.
balanced
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
As a country it is an awful modern country it's culture kind of consists of hamburgers trucks fat people etc. If you look at a country like China it is relatively modern in it's buildings etc however it has a rich food culture and it's own language. When you think about Russia or India etc most countries have a strong culture etc however as the world's superpower America seems to be such an awful country.
I struggle to see how such an ineffective country as Russia is better than America.
Phoebe Buffay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The United States is the greatest country in the world.
username1560589
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, there are countries that are much worse.
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think America given its power and resources is a pretty poor country in many respects. In my view its a 2nd world / developing country
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, and the people who live their are capitalist lunatics.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not even close, Pakistan and Somalia are much, much worse for starters.
AlmightyJesus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no. america is probably the *best* country in the world. it's baffling that you would think the opposite when there are countries that are theocratic, war-torn, impoverished etc
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
America is a wonderful country where people from all ethnic backgrounds & religions get along pretty well without too much government interference.
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
*worst country on earth

And no, there are plenty of other cesspit countries in the world to choose from. I'd rather live in the USA anyday over most of the middle east, for instance
TheThiefOfBagdad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They are a militarised nation and, effectively, a rogue state. Their foreign policy includes murdering people in foreign lands without due process and their culture is rampantly capitalistic, materialistic and, essentially, vacuous.

They have done a huge amount of good for the world though in terms of medical and scientific breakthroughs; they make great TV shows and music, and occasionally make great films too. I'd be much happier if we as a country turned more towards Europe and took less interest in American culture though.

Overall, no; they are far, far from the worst country but they are light years away from being the best.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Yeah I know there are much worst countries obv but I meant for a country that has such prominence and power it is kind of disappointing that it is so lacking in culture and history. Maybe if it had been occupied sooner it would have a more attractive culture and history like Russia, China, India or European countries. It doesn't seem to have anything going for it like it's own language, art or food there is nothing apart from maybe it's science or film industry. It maybe the most powerful country but is certainly not the 'best' by any stretch I would say that even countries like Iran which has a beautiful culture and history are better despite their awful human rights abuses.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
America is a wonderful country where people from all ethnic backgrounds & religions get along pretty well without too much government interference.
lol have you been to America it is a deeply racist divided society
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
They are a militarised nation and, effectively, a rogue state. Their foreign policy includes murdering people in foreign lands without due process and their culture is rampantly capitalistic, materialistic and, essentially, vacuous.

They have done a huge amount of good for the world though in terms of medical and scientific breakthroughs; they make great TV shows and music, and occasionally make great films too. I'd be much happier if we as a country turned more towards Europe and took less interest in American culture though.

Overall, no; they are far, far from the worst country but they are light years away from being the best.
Yes it seems deeply materialistic and greedy also their culture seems to influence the world too much.
♥Samantha♥
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
America is such a huge place. Yes, some of it is quite horrible but there are some places with culture and sophistication.
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I actually like America,pretty amazing place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (100)
15.48%
Uncertainty around my education (105)
16.25%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (61)
9.44%
Isolating with family (43)
6.66%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (27)
4.18%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (53)
8.2%
Loneliness (67)
10.37%
Financial worries (26)
4.02%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (60)
9.29%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
6.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (61)
9.44%

Watched Threads