Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently applied to EY and got rejected after the tests for a summer internship. So do I still have to wait 6 months before I can apply for their grad scheme which usually opens in August?

Got rejected around mid March for summer internship.

ReputationRep:
    You can apply as it is different recruiting cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoli21)
    You can apply as it is different recruiting cycle
    So their 6 month waiting policy is just so that people don't apply twice within the same recruiting year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    So their 6 month waiting policy is just so that people don't apply twice within the same recruiting year?
    Yes I am pretty sure 6 month policy is from application date not decision date
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by e^x)
    I recently applied to EY and got rejected after the tests for a summer internship. So do I still have to wait 6 months before I can apply for their grad scheme which usually opens in August?

Got rejected around mid March for summer internship.
    Every company has a different policy on this, where some may accept your application for a different job whilst others won't accept an application to the company for any role within this period.

Your best bet would be to check on their recruitment website and they can tell you what would and wouldn't be allowed in this scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Also does any1 know what exactly EY is looking for from the SJT and business behaviors test?

My friend got a level 7 on the numerical and on his test report he had qualities such as relationship manager and still got rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    If you applied in March you cannot reapply until September cos of the 6 month restriction, which applies between 2 different recruitment cycles because you cannot apply twice in the same year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    If you applied in March you cannot reapply until September cos of the 6 month restriction, which applies between 2 different recruitment cycles because you cannot apply twice in the same year anyway.
    From the EY: " if you have previously applied for an undergraduate position and been rejected you don't have to wait a specific time to apply for a graduate position."

ReputationRep:
    Website*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    From the EY: " if you have previously applied for an undergraduate position and been rejected you don't have to wait a specific time to apply for a graduate position."
    Oh ok then, I was refering to gradh schemes only.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.