Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should do a study abroad year or do a work placement year?

I am aware at how hard the job market is and think perhaps a placement year would benefit me more in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsabelMaria123)
    Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should do a study abroad year or do a work placement year?

I am aware at how hard the job market is and think perhaps a placement year would benefit me more in the long run.
    I've always been told work placements are a really good idea. Not only do you get valuable industry experience, which does wonders when applying for jobs post-grad.
    But there's also the possibility of the company you work with offering you a place for when you finish, which I'm sure would make you feel really comfy. And on top of all that, it gives you a good idea of what kind of job you do or do not want to do, which I believe would be better to figure out dinner rather than later.

So yh, as someone who's 100% gonna be doing a year in placement myself, I'd definitely recommend it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.