Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brexit ers! Who should lead the Out campaign ? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which should be designated the official Brexit campaign?
    Vote Leave
    41.67%
    Leave EU
    16.67%
    Grassroots Out
    41.67%
    TUSC out
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, which campaign do you think should lead the Out Campaign?

Leave EU
    Vote Leave
    Grassroots Out
    TUSC Out

Although I'm supporting In I really think that IDS, Nigel Farage and George Galloway are all unifying figures who should feature heavily *snigger*

ReputationRep:
    the people's front of judea
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe it's the electoral commision's place to pick one at the behest of the others. It would be far better to impose a minimum set of constraints which each group must meet to be declared an Official Out campaign (these constraints can be made tougher for the next referendum).

Personally i think the best solution would be two Out campaigns. One representing the left and the other the right (on certain issues they can have a unified stance).

As for which, i'll say the top one since i think Gove is leading it and i would never support that Islamist Russian sympathiser or the smarmy guy that is Farage.

ReputationRep:
    Grassroots out is being led by the one and only Mr Nigel Farage- it has to be Grassroots out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I don't believe it's the electoral commision's place to pick one at the behest of the others. It would be far better to impose a minimum set of constraints which each group must meet to be declared an Official Out campaign (these constraints can be made tougher for the next referendum).

Personally i think the best solution would be two Out campaigns. One representing the left and the other the right (on certain issues they can have a unified stance).

As for which, i'll say the top one since i think Gove is leading it and i would never support that Islamist Russian sympathiser or the smarmy guy that is Farage.
    You going for Out then?

Gove is definitely the best that Out has to offer, but that's not really saying much TBH. Ithought, Hague and Major might have swayed you lol...

I imagine you wouldn't be that bothered if we voted for In though?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    You going for Out then?

Gove is definitely the best that Out has to offer, but that's not really saying much TBH. Ithought, Hague and Major might have swayed you lol...

I imagine you wouldn't be that bothered if we voted for In though?
    Probably. I still believe in a federal euro-zone but not with the UK in it. I also find the notion of importing the third world so willingly to be sickening.

They told me nothing new. Yeah, in or out the UK will be fine or riddled with problems. People evade responsibility too much.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, which campaign do you think should lead the Out Campaign?

Leave EU
    Vote Leave
    Grassroots Out
    TUSC Out

Although I'm supporting In I really think that IDS, Nigel Farage and George Galloway are all unifying figures who should feature heavily *snigger*
    None? Each faction should probably speak to it's own tribe.

I'm certainly not going to vote leave based on what people like Farage say.

ReputationRep:
    Boris as he's the most popular politician in the country and is most able to influence the masses and don't care if it's leave or vote leave as long as we get OUT the eu!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    None? Each faction should probably speak to it's own tribe.

I'm certainly not going to vote leave based on what people like Farage say.
    The chosen faction will get greater prominence, coverage and funding. If you are an Out Voter, you may think one side may be more persuasive than the other- some people may be more swayed by Nigel Farage rather than say IDS.

ReputationRep:
    The chosen faction will get greater prominence, coverage and funding. If you are an Out Voter, you may think one side may be more persuasive than the other- some people may be more swayed by Nigel Farage rather than say IDS.
    I don't think TUSC speak to anyone much so it shouldn't be them.

This is probably what is going to make me vote in or just spoil the vote. I can't bring myself to vote leave when all the popular support and opinion for that is centred around ideas such as getting rid of the pesky human rights. It just seems like chucking the baby out with the bathwater.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I don't think TUSC speak to anyone much so it shouldn't be them.

This is probably what is going to make me vote in or just spoil the vote. I can't bring myself to vote leave when all the popular support and opinion for that is centred around ideas such as getting rid of the pesky human rights. It just seems like chucking the baby out with the bathwater.
    The human rights act is different from human rights.

ReputationRep:
    Must say Hannan is particularly impressive.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Must say Hannan is particularly impressive.
    Speaks well and should definitely be on the front bench in the Commons (he's a Carswell/Goldsmith type Tory) but he's much too right wing to lead. He's pretty an-cap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Speaks well and should definitely be on the front bench in the Commons (he's a Carswell/Goldsmith type Tory) but he's much too right wing to lead. He's pretty an-cap.
    I watched Owen Jones interview with him on YouTube (give it a chance) and Hannan came accross particularly impressive. His argument wasn't rooted in sensationalism or lies but genuine arguments. I was also impressed by his honesty and tendency to answer the questions- he supports PR and decriminalising drugs for example and he has no hesitation in admitting he didn't like Osborne.

There are huge areas we disagree but if he can impress a Tory hater like me, he should definitely be leading the campaign.

Also unlike the bojo's of this world you don't sense he's doing it for personal reasons *cohgh* leadership ambitions *cough*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.