Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, so i'm going to attend uni later this year to do an LLB in Law and was wondering whether this was possible.

While i'm deadset on a legal education, other fields such as IB really interests me and I would like to keep my options open if possible. I've checked out some linkedin profiles of fellow LLBers at my uni and some of them managed to get into IB.

I get that tons of the work basically revolves around excel but apart from that, how can one improve their position to break into IB with a law degree?

ReputationRep:
    work out which division you're interested in then bring your application in line with everyone else who is applying to that division, degree is irrelevant
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Confusedschubert)
    Hey all, so i'm going to attend uni later this year to do an LLB in Law and was wondering whether this was possible.

While i'm deadset on a legal education, other fields such as IB really interests me and I would like to keep my options open if possible. I've checked out some linkedin profiles of fellow LLBers at my uni and some of them managed to get into IB.

I get that tons of the work basically revolves around excel but apart from that, how can one improve their position to break into IB with a law degree?
    Yes, banks don't really care what degree you have. They want smart people.

Do some research into the industry:
    Mergers and Inquisitions, the Unofficial Guide to Banking, TargetCareers - Banking, AllAboutFinanceCareers and the Investment Banking Guide by Vault, Wall Street Oasis - FAQ, How to get a spring week

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3734323

As for improving: boost your CV with a level insight days, extra curricular involvement (preferably in a leadership position), networking with bankers, cold call/apply for internships or work experience programmes etc. Same as everyone else really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks for the reading list. I've been reading WSO and stuff from Mergers and Inquisitions for some months but i'll definitely check out the stuff you gave.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.