After visiting the University of Surrey last week I realized this is the best choice for me even if it is ranked 33rd in my course (law). I loved the fact that it's only 30 minutes away from London by train and the town looked wonderful. So in order to be 100% that I'm making the right choice I have some questions:
1) In my UCAS application I chose law with international studies without the placement year but now I've changed my mind. Will I be able to have a placement/ professional training year?
2) Will the fact that surrey uni is in 33rd place in law ranking affect my postgraduate degree or even my employment? Will a university like UCL for example or King's accept me for a postgraduate degree?
3) So concerning accommodation I want an ensuite room. Will you suggest manor park or inside campus? I want to be able to socialize, not being obligated to wake up earlier to attend the lectures and after a night out to go back to my room easily buuut I also want some quiet in order to study or get some sleep without noise or music keeping awake at night.
4) Are there any opportunities for part time jobs?
5) will I able to rent/buy a bike for my transportation? Are there places to park your bike and do students use bikes in general?
6) is smoking allowed on campus?
Thank you xx
Who do you think it is...