Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I want to study full time in Europe this coming year.

With the research I have done, I know some European uni's have no/low tuition fees.

Basically I would love to hear how people have funded study in Europe without their parents help.

I will be studying chemical engineering in the UK this September if not in Europe, so a related course is what I'm looking for.

I've lived in Europe before, and love the way of life and wish to travel. Im finding it difficult to find out if there are any loans i can apply for in the UK to help with my living costs etc.

Any help/advice is welcome, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidvic)
    Hi,

I want to study full time in Europe this coming year.

With the research I have done, I know some European uni's have no/low tuition fees.

Basically I would love to hear how people have funded study in Europe without their parents help.

I will be studying chemical engineering in the UK this September if not in Europe, so a related course is what I'm looking for.

I've lived in Europe before, and love the way of life and wish to travel. Im finding it difficult to find out if there are any loans i can apply for in the UK to help with my living costs etc.

Any help/advice is welcome, thank you!
    Yes, it is true that there are no tuition fee or low tuition fee options in Europe. However for that you need to have a strong profile as the admissions are highly competitive. If you share your profile, I guess we can discuss few options.

ReputationRep:
    I live in England and here there are student loans available to cover the whole tuition fees (£9k) and I think everyone can get it.
    If you're looking for maintenance loans then that's more complicated cause they need to check your parents income too.
    In Scotland the fees are much lower so maybe you can give a look up there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.