Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was just wondering what do students feel like at LSE, like how is the teaching, social life everything in general, are they happy? Etc. I have heard from people that it is not a fun place and students are forced to work long and hard. This question is aimed particularly at those studying economic there but is open to anyone. Thank you.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sami237)
    Hey I was just wondering what do students feel like at LSE, like how is the teaching, social life everything in general, are they happy? Etc. I have heard from people that it is not a fun place and students are forced to work long and hard. This question is aimed particularly at those studying economic there but is open to anyone. Thank you.
    Hi

I've moved this to the London School of Economics forum - have a look in the stickied applicant chat threads to meet and chat to current students and fellow applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sami237)
    The teaching is varied. Generally, the less quantitative the subject, the better the teaching.

For me personally, the social life has been really good. Most people go out 1-2 a week and chilling out every evening.

The workload is large. Which is why LSE graduates are highly sought after. However, its definitely manageable with most 'normal' students working between 3-4 hours a day in their own time.

There are a lot of incorrect myths surrounding LSE, and from my experience the social life is one of them.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.