Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've noticed for a while now that anytime I overeat / indulge in a treat, I want to make myself sick. I never actually force myself to throw up, but I keep telling myself that I'll feel better if I throw it up and feel really guilty when I talk myself out of it... Is this normal ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've noticed for a while now that anytime I overeat / indulge in a treat, I want to make myself sick. I never actually force myself to throw up, but I keep telling myself that I'll feel better if I throw it up and feel really guilty when I talk myself out of it... Is this normal ?
    you have a problem, you should go consult someone about this

ReputationRep:
    Definitely talk to someone.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You can either go to you GP and tell them what youve told us and they can take it from there.
    You might wnat to consider telling your mum.
    You can also contact the eating disorder charity BEATS and speak to a trained adviser or they have moderated forums.They also have excellent advice leaflets.

BEAT

Beat provides helplines for adults and young people offering support and information about eating disorders and difficulties with food, weight and shape. We also have an email service and an online one to one service.
    Youthline: 0345 634 7650 or email [email protected]
    The Beat Youthline is open to anyone under 25. Parents, teachers or any concerned adults should call the adult helpline.
    Opening times for Adult Helpline and Youthline
    Monday to Wednesday, 1pm to 4pm.

https://www.b-eat.co.uk/about-eating...ating-disorder
    https://www.b-eat.co.uk/about-eating-disorders
    https://www.b-eat.co.uk/support-services/message-boards

ReputationRep:
    talk to someone about this before it gets any worse. these are the thought patterns of an eating disorder sufferer. please please please, talk to a family member, GP, a helpline - anyone, before you start acting on the thoughts!!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you eat to that point where you feel sick? Not sure if this is signs leading to an eating disorder I know a girl who thought chewing and spitting was nothing but it lead to her having a full blown eating disorder and now pukes her food out even if she doesn't feel full.

See a professional before the mind tricks gets worse.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Why do you eat to that point where you feel sick? Not sure if this is signs leading to an eating disorder I know a girl who thought chewing and spitting was nothing but it lead to her having a full blown eating disorder and now pukes her food out even if she doesn't feel full.

See a professional before the mind tricks gets worse.
    It could be anything... Sometimes rich foods like cake... Sometimes just dinner or lunch. Whenever I feel full, I feel guilty :/

(Original post by 999tigger)
    You can either go to you GP and tell them what youve told us and they can take it from there.
    You might wnat to consider telling your mum.
    You can also contact the eating disorder charity BEATS and speak to a trained adviser or they have moderated forums.They also have excellent advice leaflets.

BEAT

Beat provides helplines for adults and young people offering support and information about eating disorders and difficulties with food, weight and shape. We also have an email service and an online one to one service.
    Youthline: 0345 634 7650 or email [email protected]
    The Beat Youthline is open to anyone under 25. Parents, teachers or any concerned adults should call the adult helpline.
    Opening times for Adult Helpline and Youthline
    Monday to Wednesday, 1pm to 4pm.

https://www.b-eat.co.uk/about-eating...ating-disorder
    https://www.b-eat.co.uk/about-eating-disorders
    https://www.b-eat.co.uk/support-services/message-boards
    Thanks for the advice and links! I'll probably contact the charity. My family wouldn't really understand if I told them.

ReputationRep:
    It could be anything... Sometimes rich foods like cake... Sometimes just dinner or lunch. Whenever I feel full, I feel guilty :/
    why do you feel guilty?

(Original post by xobeauty)
    why do you feel guilty?
    Because it makes me feel fat
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Thanks for the advice and links! I'll probably contact the charity. My family wouldn't really understand if I told them.
    As i said there are message boards as well, so you can just read. The guides are very comprehensive, but you have to read them. the helplines should help you though and dont forget they are used to getting calls like yours all the time.

ReputationRep:
    If you have acid reflux then eating too quickly and a large meal can make you throw up therefore I would usually recommend eating a smaller lunch but eat more regularly. However this doesn't sound like acid reflux so I would seek help

ReputationRep:
    Because it makes me feel fat
    Get help ASAP, once your in this mindset it grows and worsens.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.