Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 11st7lbs and want to go down to 9 stones in two months ! Can anyone provide me with a structures diet plan and any excercises ?? And also are there and supplements that I can take for weight loss?? I've been trying to loose weight for years, and have struggled.. If there's any personal trainers or fitness freaks out there, please feel free to drop some tips.

ReputationRep:
    That kind of weightloss in such a short period isn't sustainable. Why don't you set a more realistic goal, such as working to lose a couple of pounds a week, which in the long-term will help you keep the weight off for good?
    Supplements again probably aren't a great idea, vitamins and things like that are fine in moderation, but "weight-loss pills" are just a quicky solution that won't cut it in the short term and could do serious harm to your body.

A general rule for weight loss is to balance the amount of energy you consume (food), with the amount of energy you expend (exercise), you don't have to starve yourself to acheive that goal, you just have to obtain your energy from sources with lower calorie counts-so lots of fruit, vegetables and lean protein. It is perfectly possible to eat three meals a day and lose weight, you just have to be eating the right things. Try to cut down on sugar and sat. fats from your diet as much as possible, as these are most likely what have caused you to put on weight. Examine your eating habits, do you have larger portions than you need? Do you snack a lot? Do youlike fizzy drinks/sweets? Once you can highlight the root of your weight problem it will be easier to combat it. In terms of exercise, don't immediately start doing loads of exercise if you're not used to it, your body will overreact and you could do yourself an injury, maybe build up with a couple of visits to the gym a week, or some short jogs. Find exercise that you enjoy such as swimming or yoga-ifoyu enjoy what you're doing, you'll be way morelikely to stick to any plan that you've set out for yourself. I also find that free apps you can get on your phone such as 30 day squat/ab challenge and similar can be quick and fun ways of exercising without overpacing yourself.

I hope this helps a bit, I know it's really difficult to begin with, I've been there. But if you stick at it you will reap the rewards of your hard work. The key to weightloss is slow and steady, don't go all out and make your life miserable,because then you won't stick to your plan. Just make small, easy changes to your lifestyle that will work out over a long-term basis and allow you to be happy, and I promise you'll see results.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemissmaya)
    I'm 11st7lbs and want to go down to 9 stones in two months ! Can anyone provide me with a structures diet plan and any excercises ?? And also are there and supplements that I can take for weight loss?? I've been trying to loose weight for years, and have struggled.. If there's any personal trainers or fitness freaks out there, please feel free to drop some tips.
    I'm exhausted rn so I don't know if my mental maths is correct! But you can't lose 37 pounds in 2 months, that ridiculous and unhealthy. You could probably lose 20 if you push it. But 37 is impossible and very unhealthy!

Honestly a calorie deficit is what works best imo. Get My Fitness pal, track calories and work out and you'll do great! Just don't get too obsessed with calorie counting and exercising.

ReputationRep:
    That's not healthy sounding.**
    Setting a weight goal in the first place is a little silly, your aim should be to be sustainably healthy.
    I'd just say eat smaller portions, don't buy anything unhealthy so you aren't tempted, and just eat better and do more exercise. It's very simple.

For example, when I'm not cheating like I have over Easter, I usually have 2 meals a day - breakfast and 'linner'.
    Cereal; and then a main meal which I usually prep to last about 1-2 weeks. It's usually wholemeal pasta/rice, with chicken/bacon/pork with loads of veg cooked up (spinach, broccoli, carrot, onion, corn, tomatoes, peppers, etc etc).
    Snacking I have dried fruit and nuts (and actual fruit & smoothies)
    The point being, I don't believe it's sustainable at all to crash diet like you intend, nor is it simple to be hungry all the time. Just eat healthy, as much as you like.

Exercising... I don't really get on with the gym going thing, but I horse ride a few times a week and do yoga. Find something you enjoy and do that.

** "One pound of fat is made up of 3,500 calories. Therefore, to lose 5 lbs. you will have to make a caloric deficit of, and/or burn off, 17,500 calories with exercise."
    That's a 2,500 calorie deficit a day! that is not sustainable over 2 months at all :erm:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by littlemissmaya)
    Have you ever wondered why you have struggled for years? Expecting to lose 2st 7lbs in 2 months is unrealistic and not a healthy rate of weight loss.

Go and join the forums on MFP and start understanding weight loss is about consistent calorie deficit. the easiest way to achieve that is to eat at a small deficit consistently. If you are unrealistic you will struggle and give up or put it back on.

A better target would be 8-10lbs in 2 months unless you are prepared to do some serious amounts of exerccise. Be realistic or you undermine yourself before you start. Go and join MFP.

If you understand the basics it is straightforward.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.