The Student Room Group

what are your best revision strategies?

Hey guys :wink:

so I am in my first year of a-levels with exams looming for physics, biology and chemistry.

I wanted to know what everyone's tips are and what you've tried that has/hasn't worked.

Feel free to provide links/ share revision material

Love ya! x
Be well organised, take repsonsibility, be consistent, focus and do past papers. Dont forget to eat, sleep and relax.
Pray.
Reply 3
For German, throughout the year I've made kinda like ''flashcards'' but in a powerpoint style. So as an example:

1st slide = english term - e.g. "to build"
2nd slide = german term - e.g. bauen PLUS a picture relating to the term.

I find it incredibly easy to remember words when associating them with pictures.

I've uploaded an example here if anyone wants to take a look; it might be formatted weirdly because I still use Powerpoint 2007 and I know it sometimes looks different on 2013.: http://www.mediafire.com/download/avdazweuxe1uaa2/PowerpointSchönheitsideale.pptx
===
Something like that can be used to learn key terms in any subject^

I also find trying to teach others also helps - even if it's not face to face, just trying to write like an informational post about something is still a method of teaching and helps with revision.
I'm doing my AS's at the moment and do biology, geography, health and social and Business
I've found this great app called brainscape which I use everyday. It's free but there are aspects you can pay for which personally I don't feel are needed. But it allows you to create flashcards or use previously made sets and you rate each card on how well you know it so it gives you the cards you feel less confident on more often.

Quick Reply