Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm part way through my masters and am self funding - am I entitled to apply for the new masters student loan available from summer 2016 for the second year of my course?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Angie Smith)
    I'm part way through my masters and am self funding - am I entitled to apply for the new masters student loan available from summer 2016 for the second year of my course?
    According to http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/m...6-2nd-v03.pptx Slide 13 notes
    Students must apply for PGL within:

- 9 months of the first day of the academicyear where the course is a oneyear course;
    - 9 months of the first day of the secondacademic year where the course is a twoyear course

This means that a student may apply for PGL in year two of a course lasting twoyears or more, and will be awarded support for bothcourse years, i.e. years one and two (as long as the student is confirmed bythe HE Provider as being in study in both AYs of the course).

So yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    According to http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/m...6-2nd-v03.pptx Slide 13 notes
    [/b]
    So yes
    Many thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.