Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Query about results day ( not applicable to AS ) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    first off this is a general comment, and could be of use to others so plz dont remove it, thx

ok so we go into school, and on each piece of paper/statement of results it will contain EVERY module that you have been examined on with a mark, possibly a letter ( grade )

does this mean we have to go into results day with a calculator calculating our results? or does it tell you clearly on the slip what grade you attained overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaYYY)
    first off this is a general comment, and could be of use to others so plz dont remove it, thx

ok so we go into school, and on each piece of paper/statement of results it will contain EVERY module that you have been examined on with a mark, possibly a letter ( grade )

does this mean we have to go into results day with a calculator calculating our results? or does it tell you clearly on the slip what grade you attained overall?
    it tells you clearly on the slip schweedie. you will not have to use your brain after your last exam. don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathsheba)
    it tells you clearly on the slip schweedie. you will not have to use your brain after your last exam. don't worry
    i was gonna say, it would look stupid everyone doing calculations, cuz on the AS we had to go away and calculate it

ReputationRep:
    Do you not get your results posted to you in England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaYYY)

yeah i think so, although last year when i collected as results i noticed that the others in the year above who were doing A2, jus asked teachers for addition, as i think they get the results in the morning or day before.

i know its gonna be nerve wracking taking in a calculator, but rest assured that other people will come well prepared for every eventuality lol.

ReputationRep:
    It is at most adding u three figure numbers - if you can't do that in your head then you don't deserve grades.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    yeah i think so, although last year when i collected as results i noticed that the others in the year above who were doing A2, jus asked teachers for addition, as i think they get the results in the morning or day before.

i know its gonna be nerve wracking taking in a calculator, but rest assured that other people will come well prepared for every eventuality lol.
    we actually have to take in a calculator? ROFL

ReputationRep:
    at our school theyr givin us a piece of paper with our 3 grades at 9am then we'll get the full thing at 11am - that way we can ring up unis etc if we dont get out grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    It is at most adding u three figure numbers - if you can't do that in your head then you don't deserve grades.

MB
    um you seemed to have side-tracked and missed the principle , i dont feel like calculating 6 two figured numbers for each subject in my head

ReputationRep:
    i think in our school the slip comes with the marks and the grade..so why isnt that the same every where else?? becasue they are all printed bu the exam boards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    at our school theyr givin us a piece of paper with our 3 grades at 9am then we'll get the full thing at 11am - that way we can ring up unis etc if we dont get out grades.
    you serious? your school processes your results and just gives you some *****y bit of paper with your grades on? wow

ReputationRep:
    If you do Edexcel for any of your subjects, you should get the total UMS mark (and grade) on your results slip. They do that for AS as well though.

ReputationRep:
    The exam results forms come with the results of all your modules, including resits - and then below them, the added up scores.

*Note for those doing Further Maths - for the applied units that can be used in Maths or Further - the exam board with prioritise your MATHS first, with a legal combination, and then give you the best possible outcome on your FURTHER.

eg you have combinations that could give you B Maths, B Further - however providing it is a legal combination, you may get A Maths, C Further - and there is nothing you can do to change their adding up.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, co they cant sort it all out for 9am so we'll have to wait another hour or 2 to see exactly what we got in each unit
    thats good - no sifting through loads of paper to get to the all important grades.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, co they cant sort it all out for 9am so we'll have to wait another hour or 2 to see exactly what we got in each unit
    oh right ic, should be interesting to see the outcome

ReputationRep:
    just look at the 6 numbers if they add up to more than 480 you got an A.

quick test: 82,75,69,88,103,96 which grade is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)

ready for your option module on monday ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    The exam results forms come with the results of all your modules, including resits - and then below them, the added up scores.

*Note for those doing Further Maths - for the applied units that can be used in Maths or Further - the exam board with prioritise your MATHS first, with a legal combination, and then give you the best possible outcome on your FURTHER.

eg you have combinations that could give you B Maths, B Further - however providing it is a legal combination, you may get A Maths, C Further - and there is nothing you can do to change their adding up.
    Cheers for that Exp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)

A very nice A !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Cheers for that Exp.

I wrote to AQA last year when figuring out in March what I needed in my last couple of units, and so I needed that question answering, as obviously it can affect people's entry into Uni.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.