Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Query about results day ( not applicable to AS ) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Cheers for that Exp.
    What Expression said about Maths/Further Maths is what we were told at college as well (and we were told that that applied to A Level Maths and AS Further Maths too). However, Edexcel gave some of us a higher grade in AS Further Maths than in our A Level Maths last year.. bit silly really, but they did change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaYYY)
    ready for your option module on monday ?
    not ready yet, but will be tommorow.
    which one u doing nuclear? your gonna get a A anyway so dont need to worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    not ready yet, but will be tommorow.
    which one u doing nuclear? your gonna get a A anyway so dont need to worry
    yep nuclear, i'm not sure, i mean it has the same principles as chemistry etcwhich is a good thing but anything can happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    just look at the 6 numbers if they add up to more than 480 you got an A.

quick test: 82,75,69,88,103,96 which grade is this?
    It would be a total arse to get your calculator out, punch in all the sums and find that you had got 479 or missed the critical grade, whatever it is, by a single UMS mark.

ReputationRep:
    is it true that if yous strongly believe you will benefit from a re-mark, you can get one done in like 3 days??

i hate re-marks though, the examiners are so stubburn.

ReputationRep:
    yep nuclear, i'm not sure, i mean it has the same principles as chemistry etcwhich is a good thing but anything can happen
    Do you mean your college is so lazy they cant bother aggregating it?
    I have obtained results from four totally different colleges before now not just with the total but also the final grade.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hey i dont suppose you know when exactly the result day is?

i assume its the same for a2 around the uk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    hey i dont suppose you know when exactly the result day is?

i assume its the same for a2 around the uk?
    Thursday the 19th of August...BTW, if we get the grades do we still have to contact the University?"I know this question seems stupid"

ReputationRep:
    *sticks tongue out and frolics about* I'll be getting them at midnight, again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    :confused: who cares?
    well, ..me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Thursday the 19th of August...BTW, if we get the grades do we still have to contact the University?"I know this question seems stupid"
    If you make your offer with the grades in front of you, you have no reason to ring the Uni.

Your AS12 form will arrive within a couple of days, probably the Saturday morning.

ReputationRep:
    cheers zazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol, sorry. i'm not that keen to get my results
    Understandable

ReputationRep:
    first off this is a general comment, and could be of use to others so plz dont remove it, thx

ok so we go into school, and on each piece of paper/statement of results it will contain EVERY module that you have been examined on with a mark, possibly a letter ( grade )

does this mean we have to go into results day with a calculator calculating our results? or does it tell you clearly on the slip what grade you attained overall?

doesn't it depend on your school? the boys school next door to mine don't want to pay AQA to put a grade next to the totalled module marks for AS, however they do it for A2, to make things easier for ringing up unis etc. my school just do it automatically, and pay the extra money to get the grade printed on the results sheet

ReputationRep:
    in my school - well for wjec everywhere probably - we get one sheet with all the modules (and i think we get our original scores too-the ones before resits) and then another sheet with the overall grades on them

i'm crapping myself already! and i cant wait for like a week or so, cause at the moment when i'm trying to get to sleep all i can think about is my answers in my exams, and whether they are right or not - its horrible! in a week or so, i will hopefully have stopped dreaming about exams!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Do you not get your results posted to you in England?
    i think you can have them posted if you want......but then you don't get to find out what everyone else got!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    theres so many people that lie what they got. one boy was like 'oh i got 280/300' then when we went back to school we found out he got 200/300 why lie?????
    others that say 'i was one mark away from blah blah blah' then the teacher makes them look silly by saying 'you were lucky just scraped it by one mark' i hate liars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i think you can have them posted if you want......but then you don't get to find out what everyone else got!:rolleyes:
    Well if you'd flunked everything, would you really want everyone else knowing about it?

And going into school in the holidays is just weeeeird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    It is at most adding u three figure numbers - if you can't do that in your head then you don't deserve grades.

MB
    look........i can do mental arithmetic really quickly and well under normal conditions.....but hello?! ur going 2 collect ur important results which ur uni depends on........i'm sure ur brain won't b calm enough 2 try and count up numbers, u'd b shaking and sh*ttin urself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    look........i can do mental arithmetic really quickly and well under normal conditions.....but hello?! ur going 2 collect ur important results which ur uni depends on........i'm sure ur brain won't b calm enough 2 try and count up numbers, u'd b shaking and sh*ttin urself.
    seconded.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.