Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LAHP funding 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I know of one person who had a PhD funding offer on 1st April from the LAHP. Does anyone know if all offers go out on the same day?

Thanks,
    Eliza

ReputationRep:
    wondering the same thing....I searched lahp on twitter and found 1 person who said he got funding from LAHP, but haven't heard or seen anybody else who has. Would be great to know if all offers where sent out same time, or perhaps different departments send the offers out on different times? The wait is incredibly annoying

ReputationRep:
    Does your Prism application indicate anything? Mine gives no clues at all and indicates it is still under review!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliza92)
    Does your Prism application indicate anything? Mine gives no clues at all and indicates it is still under review!
    Yes, my Prism is the same, last updated on 12 Feb! I would have thought they'd send all the acceptances and rejections at the same time? Which makes me hope that they still haven't sent all the answers out yet. But my expectations are now lower...hope we'll hear back tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I know of a few that went out on 1st April.

I also know someone who received a LAHP offer that she's going to turn down - anyone who hasn't heard yet may be on a 'waiting list' while the LAHP await responses from the first round of offers. So don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Jantaculum! That is very helpful indeed.. *keeping the hope alive* or at least trying to but the wait is agonising.. Eliza

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for update, Jantaculum! Don't you usually get a notification that you are on a waiting list though? Since we are supposed to hear back by "early April"...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, in that case I imagine successful applicants have been given their offers. Why oh why wouldn't they also let unsuccessful applicants / those on a waiting list know at the same time. It seems rather cruel... My
    Prism page still says the application is under review and was last updated on the 17th...it really is agonising waiting...

ReputationRep:
    The wait is excruciating indeed. Don't want to raise any hopes but I just called the office and they said they are still working through all the applications and everyone will be notified by Friday this week at the latest. At least we will know our fates by then.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for letting us know, what a relief that the wait will be over soon, whatever the outcome. Thanks again - and best of luck to you

ReputationRep:
    I have received my rejection. Has anybody fared better?

"Although you were suitable for the position, the competition was such that we were unable to progress your application on this occasion.."

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Received the same rejection today. At least the agonising wait is over...

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, me too. At least we know now, gutted though.

ReputationRep:
    Me three....

Who DID they take?

ReputationRep:
    I got put on the reserve funding list. Not sure if I should keep my hopes up, it seems very unlikely anyone would turn the funding down!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.