Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I am studying for GCSE Art and it's literally going to be the death of me, there's so much to do and I only have 5 weeks left. It's just never going to get done in time with all my other revision as well :c
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rm715)
    Hiya, I am studying for GCSE Art and it's literally going to be the death of me, there's so much to do and I only have 5 weeks left. It's just never going to get done in time with all my other revision as well :c
    Hey, im not GCSE anymore but was last year.
    Firstly 5 weeks is quite a lot of time, personally i have 2 weeks to get all my exam prep done and although i have fewer subjects (bc AS) there are other coursework heavy subjects that need finishing. If by exam prep you mean a prep sheet and sketchbook etc (just guessing here bc that is what we have to produce) then i would suggest doing a piece a day or more if you can. Typically it takes about 21 pieces (depending on size) to fill a prep sheet without photos so if you just did that that would take about an hour a day for 3 weeks. Also luckily for you, you are allowed to touch your coursweork after the exams so i believe however with the new AS you aren't. After th 10 hour exam that is it i believe
    good luck, it is highly doable xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm715)
    Hi there,
    I also do art GCSE and with a week left before I get a load more work to do I have 3 research pages, 2 a3 paintings, a title page, and annotations. So yeah, I have quite a lot! I should finish.. I think.... How much do you have to do?

I know people in my class who have done about 20% of the entire coursework, yr10 , yr11 and the exam. What is your exam topic? Mine is past present future.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a fairly old post, but does anyone have any good advice for developmental pieces? I have to do 6 by the 18th april, and so far i have done 3, running out of ideas! my theme is 'The Snow Queen' (the story lol) any sketchbook advice too please thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My exam's on April 18th & 19th and I've done quite a lot of prep but still not sure on a final piece.
    My theme is 'outline' and my teacher wants me to take photos

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.