Help with GCSE AQA FRENCH Watch

Explodediper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So basically for those of you who are taking gcse french i have a question that i hope you can answer. Basically i really want to get an A* in French but i have been very lazy. I know that the teachers have to submit two Speaking and two writing tasks that the examiner marks. Last year in the first speaking i achieved a B and in the Writing i achieved a C. However this year i put my neck down and i achieved an A* In my writing and in my speaking. Does that mean that the examiner will pick the best speaking and the best listening or are the ones from last year going to put me down. If this is the case will i still be able to achieve an A*. Thanks for your help guys
ithinkitslily
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
they have to send off two writings and two speakings and they both count towards your grade.
so your B, C, A* and A* all count as an equal 15% of your GCSE
your A*s do lift up your overall grade slightly to a B/A depending on how high they are and how high your B and C are

if your have high grades (i.e. a high C, a high B, and high A*s) you could still get an A* overall but would probably need full UMS in reading and listening (that doesn't mean full marks though, sometimes you only need like 35/45 to get the full 60, it depends on the paper)

if your grades are borderline, then unfortunately you probably won't be able to achieve an A*, but you can definitely get a high A!
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Explodediper)
So basically for those of you who are taking gcse french i have a question that i hope you can answer. Basically i really want to get an A* in French but i have been very lazy. I know that the teachers have to submit two Speaking and two writing tasks that the examiner marks. Last year in the first speaking i achieved a B and in the Writing i achieved a C. However this year i put my neck down and i achieved an A* In my writing and in my speaking. Does that mean that the examiner will pick the best speaking and the best listening or are the ones from last year going to put me down. If this is the case will i still be able to achieve an A*. Thanks for your help guys
Hi! I'm doing AQA French also. From my understanding, 2 writings get sent off, but the speakings are internally marked (by your teacher) and only a sample are sent off for moderation (I think).

I would suggest you go onto last year's UMS grade boundaries for speaking and writing... Do you know what marks you got in each of the writings and speakings? Each one would be out of 30. If so, you could post them here and I'll research the UMS for you and see what you need to get in the exam to get an A*.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (154)
45.43%
Pro-humanity (185)
54.57%