Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I keep having dreams that I fail my A-levels :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    It's happened 3 times in a row now the last 3 nights, and quite a few times last week.

And they are so realistic!!

On Thursday I dreamt I didn't get to finish my English Exam. I also couldn't answer the question on my as re-sit because I forgot the whole topic.Then I some how walked into the ocean with my unfinished exam paper and was stuck there, I kept trying to get out.

On Friday I dreamt I failed every single exam but still had my English exam, so I told my mum "it's okay, if I do well in the re-sit I can get an A*" and she said "It doesn't matter, you've failed now".

Lastnight I dreamt I got DDD, so I was planning to re-sit in my gap year but I had a problem because I was confused as to what exams I had taken this year XD

Every morning I wake up and think "OH THANK GOD THAT ISN'T REAL"! Like every single morning for the last 3 days....maybe it's a sign
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aww don't worry :console: Nobody can predict the future and this is all in your hands :yes:

Believe in yourself and you'll be fine :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I quite regularly have bad dreams about A levels and results day, and not getting the grades to go to my first choice university. It's terrifying - but on the plus side, I'm motivated to stop the dreams becoming a reality.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    You have two months, you can change this.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Just anxiety manifesting itself in your dreams. Nothing to worry about unless ofc you are slacking.

ReputationRep:
    gurl omg i had this all throughout my gcse exams :lol: that i failed everything. But i passed all my exams in the end and only got 3Cs

Dreams are just your subconscious worrying about things that it didn't worry about during the day :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, that doesn't mean anything. As long as you keep licking your textbooks and notes and absorb all the knowledge you need, you're fine. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's normal to have dreams about failing exams it happens to everyone, especially since exam season is coming up. One of the reasons why you are having dreams about failing is because that it what you are thinking about. Be positive and think you will do well in your exams.

ReputationRep:
    Might happen. Might not.

ReputationRep:
    Just shows how much youre thinking about them, maybe relax a little more?

Besides it was only just a dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It's happened 3 times in a row now the last 3 nights, and quite a few times last week.

On Thursday I dreamt I didn't get to finish my English Exam. I also couldn't answer the question on my as re-sit because I forgot the whole topic.Then I some how walked into the ocean with my unfinished exam paper and was stuck there, I kept trying to get out.

On Friday I dreamt I failed every single exam but still had my English exam, so I told my mum "it's okay, if I do well in the re-sit I can get an A*" and she said "It doesn't matter, you've failed now".

Lastnight I dreamt I got DDD, so I was planning to re-sit in my gap year but I had a problem because I was confused as to what exams I had taken this year XD

Every morning I wake up and think "OH THANK GOD THAT ISN'T REAL"! Like every single morning for the last 3 days....maybe it's a sign
    I've finished a Bachs and I still get dreams of failing my English GCSEs.
    (which never happened)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    For media I wrote a film about these two guys failing their A Levels. My teacher told me that it won't happen to me but I'm scared to the brim. I'm worried about Literature as I don't know my books as much as I need to. My teacher taught me The Tempest via the film not the play/book :/.

ReputationRep:
    Your dreams are a reflection of your current thinking. Which tells me you haven't been keeping your promise. The one you made me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Just shows how much youre thinking about them, maybe relax a little more?

Besides it was only just a dream

Awww that was so cute, thankyoU! XD

ReputationRep:
    Awww that was so cute, thankyoU! XD
    Haha pas de probleme madame just remember

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

It's because subconsciously you're scared you're gonna fail, it'll be to do with the stress

ReputationRep:
    X
    You wouldn't be thinking about failing unless there was a reason for you to worry. You're not revising enough.

No point being worried if you're already preparing to fail.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.