Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and have been masturbating for a couple of years now. I have noticed bad side effects to masturbating such as social anxiety , lack of motivation , and fatigue. I am hoping to quit soon.

I don't want to masturbate around my a level exams as I fear that I will be de motivated, has anyone masturbated /stopped around exams and noticed any changes

ReputationRep:
    These issues are nothing to do with masturbation. You have some other issues you need to sort out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yep.

Masturbation is what got me going into the exam room calm, relaxed and ready to do my best...

ReputationRep:
    Focussing on important exams has reduced my libido in the past. And it takes something to do that.

ReputationRep:
    nah these guys are morons, of course masturbation has side effects. there are literally chemicals released in your brain, too much of it is so harmful! constant masturbation can of course and DOES cause fatigue, your body is tired after building up so much then releasing leave you tired and unmotivated and feeling like a waster. Try and cut it out, it can seriously damage your body. Men are so obsessed with it, theyre in denial but look up the negative affects of it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Utter sex-negative crap.

Kinsey proved that there were no problems with masturbation, only people's reactions to it, nearly seventy years ago. No matter how often they did it (and almost all of them did) nearly all of the thousands of men in his sample worried they did it 'too often', but even the ones doing it several times a day had no physical problems as a result.

ReputationRep:
    I've always found masturbation makes me feel less stressed and lowers anxiety in general. This has also been the case around exam times and masturbation has certainly helped me achieve my best results in those exams.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.