Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have been looking at the Masters funding loan which is starting this year. It says that you must have "ordinarily been resident in England" but that EU or UK students May still be eligible.

I am just wondering if I can get more information about how an application will be assessed if not ordinarily living in England. I currently live and studied in Glasgow, Scotland but my family are in England but looking to study in England next year.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ryanpmorrison297)
    Hello,

I have been looking at the Masters funding loan which is starting this year. It says that you must have "ordinarily been resident in England" but that EU or UK students May still be eligible.

I am just wondering if I can get more information about how an application will be assessed if not ordinarily living in England. I currently live and studied in Glasgow, Scotland but my family are in England but looking to study in England next year.
    Did you move to Glasgow from your family home in England?

If so then if you can prove that you would have been living at home with your parents in England if you hadn't been in Scotland for educational purposes then you will be classed as ordinarily resident in England.

Ordinary residence excludes temporary stays in other countries if you can prove that the trips/moves were temporary (ie your family home was in England etc). If you claimed your tuition fee/maintenance loans from SFE (rather than SAAS) then that would be the sort of proof they'd be after.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.