Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've accepted my offer to start the MA in Social Work this September - any other future social workers about?

Em

ReputationRep:
    Hi Em

My interview is tomorrow. I am hoping to join in September also. What was the interview process like and what questions did they ask? thanks!

Rosie

ReputationRep:
    I am also from the wirral :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiepowell20)
    Hi Em

My interview is tomorrow. I am hoping to join in September also. What was the interview process like and what questions did they ask? thanks!

Rosie
    Good luck! They're really nice - I was quite nervous, as LJMU was my first choice, but they really put you at ease.

First, there's a written bit - I don't remember exactly what it was about (all the interviews seem to melt into one in my mind now), but I think it was a case study and setting out the issues for a social worker or something? Don't hold me to that, I could be confusing it with something else - it may have been on anti-discriminatory practice. Anyway, whatever it was, it's not difficult, and they're really looking to see that you can write at a suitable level I think.

Next, there's a group discussion - we were given a case study, and in a group of 4 we had to discuss how to approach the situation and what kind of things to consider, what issues we might come across, etc. I found this to be quite relaxed - we talked about how to help both the service user, and the surrounding family.

Finally, there's the individual interview, and for the life of me I can't remember what they asked. I think there was something about strengths/weaknesses, and also something about antidiscriminatory practice? Again, it was quite relaxed, and I think they cater their questions to each individual - they'll build on what you say and ask more about that in particular, so it's a great chance to talk about your experience, your views, etc.

Sorry I can't be of much help with my rubbish memory - but good luck! Honestly, they're lovely and welcoming, so try not to stress too much :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froggerella)
    Hey,

I've accepted my offer to start the MA in Social Work this September - any other future social workers about?

Em
    Hi

Me too, i am starting in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megxb)
    Hi

Me too, i am starting in September!
    Helloooo! I'm so excited - but a bit nervous about the funding situation. Have you put your bursary application in yet?

What did you do as undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone e help me Im looking to do the postgraduate social work at JM. I'm looking to start next September as I have allready missed the deadline e obviously haha. I've looked at u as but can't seem to apply. Am I being really stupid or is there another way? Also I know bursaries always change but can anyone give me any Info on bursaries xx
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Isabelle,

If you are able to make it, there's a Postgrad fair this Wednesday in one of the city centre buildings -

https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/postgra...ate-study-fair

In terms of knowing what you may be entitled to, finance-wise, you might find it helpful.

I'm not sure whether you've missed the deadline or not, can't seem to find any indicator of this on UCAS or the LJMU site. Your best bet is calling the admissions team to check.

Faculty of Education, Health and Community (Health)
    T: 0151 231 5829
    E: [email protected]

(Original post by Isabelle2014)
    Can anyone e help me Im looking to do the postgraduate social work at JM. I'm looking to start next September as I have allready missed the deadline e obviously haha. I've looked at u as but can't seem to apply. Am I being really stupid or is there another way? Also I know bursaries always change but can anyone give me any Info on bursaries xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys i've got my interview here next week. Any advice? I'm really nervous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.