Whatsapp calls cutting out Watch

This discussion is closed.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Whatsapp voice calls cut out between 2 and 5 minutes in, then tries to reconnect. It says 'unstable connection.' It's an iPhone 6. I've downloaded all updates, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset network settings, rebooted the phone, carried out all manner of things I read on various help sites but it hasn't helped. I can't find any posts anywhere about this particular problem happening to anyone else, but logic tells me it must. Any ideas?
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Carnationlilyrose

Is it possible that the internet connection in the area you're trying to place the call is poor? Do you experience this problem everywhere? Via wifi or mobile internet connection?
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
Carnationlilyrose

Is it possible that the internet connection in the area you're trying to place the call is poor? Do you experience this problem everywhere? Via wifi or mobile internet connection?
Yes, the internet connection has been up and down for some time (Virgin...) and I'm always ready to believe it's their fault, but it doesn't happen when spouse uses his Android phone. I haven't used it outside the house - it's only for making calls to my kid who lives abroad.
PeterLevine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Even I faced the same kind of issue in my Android phone. That is the issue of internet connection. If you are having slow internet connection then either there will be call drop or you won't able to listen to the voice clearly.
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by PeterLevine)
Even I faced the same kind of issue in my Android phone. That is the issue of internet connection. If you are having slow internet connection then either there will be call drop or you won't able to listen to the voice clearly.
I think I may have solved it by deleting the VPN profile that came with an app. Whatsapp says it's not designed to work with VPNs. So far, so good.
JulieBrenner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I deleted the VPN profile and it made no difference. I tried switching off wifi and using 3G to connect and that helped a little bit but not much. I have an iPhone 6. It is so annoying. Is it my phone? or a Whatsapp problem? Or my internet connection which is not great but not bad and is pretty stable. Anyone can help?
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by JulieBrenner)
I deleted the VPN profile and it made no difference. I tried switching off wifi and using 3G to connect and that helped a little bit but not much. I have an iPhone 6. It is so annoying. Is it my phone? or a Whatsapp problem? Or my internet connection which is not great but not bad and is pretty stable. Anyone can help?
Mine has been fine since I posted. I also deleted the Adblock app at the same time. Maybe try that if you have it.
Muscrat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
WhatsApp uses proxy's just like Skype to connect your voice video and text, when they get busy, Facebook limits the duration of your session. I switched to signal, which is the software engine used by WhatsApp, they do not limit the duration of sessions
andyvs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have this exact same issue. Calls from whatsApp and Facebook Messenger typically run well for 40 minutes or so, and then 10 minutes, and so on. The issue for me is I am muted basically, and the other person can't hear me. It lasts for 30 seconds or so, then I'm reconnected. The same thing happens no matter which country I'm in, whether I'm on data or wifi. Driving me absolutely crazy. Also on an iphone 6
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads