Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Whatsapp voice calls cut out between 2 and 5 minutes in, then tries to reconnect. It says 'unstable connection.' It's an iPhone 6. I've downloaded all updates, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset network settings, rebooted the phone, carried out all manner of things I read on various help sites but it hasn't helped. I can't find any posts anywhere about this particular problem happening to anyone else, but logic tells me it must. Any ideas?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Carnationlilyrose

Is it possible that the internet connection in the area you're trying to place the call is poor? Do you experience this problem everywhere? Via wifi or mobile internet connection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Carnationlilyrose

Is it possible that the internet connection in the area you're trying to place the call is poor? Do you experience this problem everywhere? Via wifi or mobile internet connection?
    Yes, the internet connection has been up and down for some time (Virgin...) and I'm always ready to believe it's their fault, but it doesn't happen when spouse uses his Android phone. I haven't used it outside the house - it's only for making calls to my kid who lives abroad.

ReputationRep:
    Even I faced the same kind of issue in my Android phone. That is the issue of internet connection. If you are having slow internet connection then either there will be call drop or you won't able to listen to the voice clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterLevine)
    Even I faced the same kind of issue in my Android phone. That is the issue of internet connection. If you are having slow internet connection then either there will be call drop or you won't able to listen to the voice clearly.
    I think I may have solved it by deleting the VPN profile that came with an app. Whatsapp says it's not designed to work with VPNs. So far, so good.

ReputationRep:
    I deleted the VPN profile and it made no difference. I tried switching off wifi and using 3G to connect and that helped a little bit but not much. I have an iPhone 6. It is so annoying. Is it my phone? or a Whatsapp problem? Or my internet connection which is not great but not bad and is pretty stable. Anyone can help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulieBrenner)
    I deleted the VPN profile and it made no difference. I tried switching off wifi and using 3G to connect and that helped a little bit but not much. I have an iPhone 6. It is so annoying. Is it my phone? or a Whatsapp problem? Or my internet connection which is not great but not bad and is pretty stable. Anyone can help?
    Mine has been fine since I posted. I also deleted the Adblock app at the same time. Maybe try that if you have it.

ReputationRep:
    WhatsApp uses proxy's just like Skype to connect your voice video and text, when they get busy, Facebook limits the duration of your session. I switched to signal, which is the software engine used by WhatsApp, they do not limit the duration of sessions

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.