Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I was just wondering, what heritage do you have? I class myself as white british, but I have Portuguese, Jewish and Scottish background :3 wbu?

ReputationRep:
    100% Ghanaian
    Pretty boring lmao
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As far as I know, just Scottish and Irish from my mum's side and Scottish and English from dad's side. I just class myself as just full Scottish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    100% Ghanaian
    Pretty boring lmao
    Noo be proud of it!! Mine is a bit dull in all honesty XD

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    As far as I know, just Scottish and Irish from my mum's side and Scottish and English from dad's side. I just class myself as just full Scottish.
    Awh nice! I have the lovely Scottish pale skin
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ohhhh so flaky in the sun
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    White British, but call myself welsh, my dad's side was entirely welsh till my generation and my mums is a mix of english and irish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PalindromeGirl)
    Noo be proud of it!! Mine is a bit dull in all honesty XD
    I am proud of my roots
    Opps forgot to mention i am also British :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    my parents are British Indians and my grandparents are from India apart from my granddad who was born and raised in Kenya.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I don't actually know - my mum's adopted and my dad never knew his biological dad, however the one biological grandparent I have is British. But I class myself as the family I do have, so a quarter Irish and the rest British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I am proud of my roots
    Opps forgot to mention i am also British :rofl:
    Haha good

(Original post by mkap)
    my parents are British Indians and my grandparents are from India apart from my granddad who was born and raised in Kenya.
    That is so awesome!

(Original post by Andy98)
    I don't actually know - my mum's adopted and my dad never knew his biological dad, however the one biological grandparent I have is British. But I class myself as the family I do have, so a quarter Irish and the rest British.
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    White British, but call myself welsh, my dad's side was entirely welsh till my generation and my mums is a mix of english and irish.
    It's very interesting how many people have a mix of the whole UK, guessing that's a common theme since the world consisted of Pangea back in the day, and tribes mixed in certain areas!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Haha good

That is so awesome!

It's very interesting how many people have a mix of the whole UK, guessing that's a common theme since the world consisted of Pangea back in the day, and tribes mixed in certain areas!
    Think these days it's more to do with not needing a passport to travel around the UK.

Indian on both sides of the family. Though I've always wanted to do one of those DNA tests where you can see your heritage.
    I think it would be interesting since people always presume I'm from the other side of Asia
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hey guys, so I was just wondering, what heritage do you have? I class myself as white british, but I have Portuguese, Jewish and Scottish background :3 wbu?
    Just Irish, to be honest.
    I have a Spaniard in the family I think somewhere up the line from the Armada, so I've got that going for me.

Sounds boring, but it's really not

Although I do hate that people class themselves as "White British"...that's not an ethnicity. English, Welsh, Scottish is an ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    My grandfather on my mum's side is African of some sorts, sadly I doubt we'd be able to trace it without some DNA test. My grandmother on mum's side has French, Indian and African ancestry,

My grandfather on my dad's side seems to be fully some type of South Asian, most likely Indian although there is a possibility of him having some sort of white British heritage. My grandmother on my dad's side is Scottish.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.