Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Aggghhhhhhh!! (MP3 Players) watch

Announcements

Just bought Creative Rhomba MP3 player, and it states it needs USB 1.1 port - can I use the standard USB port on my computer to transfer files, etc etc?

Help!!!

Pete

ReputationRep:
    I take it you have USB2.0?

(Original post by G4ry)
    I take it you have USB2.0?
    How would I find out what USB I have (I'm guessing it's 1.0, though)?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there was 1.0. Just plug it in and see what happens.

Right click on My computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus

(Original post by G4ry)
    I don't think there was 1.0. Just plug it in and see what happens.

Right click on My computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus
    Yeah, already did that, it just says "USB root hub" twice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Just bought Creative Rhomba MP3 player, and it states it needs USB 1.1 port - can I use the standard USB port on my computer to transfer files, etc etc?

Help!!!

Pete

I have one of those

ReputationRep:
    What happens when you plug it into your computer?

(Original post by kieshaxxx)
    I have one of those
    And what USB port to you have??? HELLLP!!

ReputationRep:
    And what USB port to you have??? HELLLP!!

Um, I'm not sure, how can I tell ??

Um, I'm not sure, how can I tell ??
    Right click on My computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus, and then let me know what it says

ReputationRep:
    Right click on My computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus, and then let me know what it says

A load of rubbish, nothing of any use, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    What happens when you put it into your computer? Do you get a message?

A load of rubbish, nothing of any use, sorry!
    Ok, could you try right clicking on My computer and left clicking on the "manage" tab. Then hopefully you should see a box saying computer management. Next find the tab that says device manager and double left click on it. A list will come up, then find the heading "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and double left click on it. Then some things like "USB ROOT HUB" will appear.

If you get that far thanks and could you tell me the USB ROOT hub type things you see.

And one more thing, is it a good mp3 player

(Original post by G4ry)
    What happens when you put it into your computer? Do you get a message?
    Haven't got it yet, it's being delivered tomorrow, but I'm getting worried about compatablilty issues.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be fine, i'm sure. Cross that bridge if you have to.

(Original post by G4ry)
    It'll be fine, i'm sure. Cross that bridge if you have to.
    Thanks, I hope it will be, fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, could you try right clicking on My computer and left clicking on the "manage" tab. Then hopefully you should see a box saying computer management. Next find the tab that says device manager and double left click on it. A list will come up, then find the heading "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and double left click on it. Then some things like "USB ROOT HUB" will appear.

If you get that far thanks and could you tell me the USB ROOT hub type things you see.

And one more thing, is it a good mp3 player

Yeh I did that, but nothing of any use really, no numbers, sorry. Don't worry about it too much anyway I'm sure it will be fine.

Yeh it is a good MP3 player, I think anyway. Is yours the 256MB space one?

Yeh I did that, but nothing of any use really, no numbers, sorry. Don't worry about it too much anyway I'm sure it will be fine.

Yeh it is a good MP3 player, I think anyway. Is yours the 256MB space one?
    Yeah, it looks really cool, I think I right one. It's for use when I go out jogging, really.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it looks really cool, I think I right one. It's for use when I go out jogging, really.

Yeh, same here! I use it for going out jogging or going to the gym!

Yeh, same here! I use it for going out jogging or going to the gym!
    I know, it's great isn't it! I used to use CD players, but they skipped so much I ordered MP3 of amazon.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.