Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have not revised maths as much as my other a levels, tbh i haven't done anything

So I was ok in class when we did it but this was earlier in the year I am doing my easter revision, and realized I don't get ANYTHING on maths? DO I have hope??

ReputationRep:
    Yes; there is plenty of hope! I would suggest the exam solutions videos on youtube and also do all the past papers (or as many as possible)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonyG98)
    Yes; there is plenty of hope! I would suggest the exam solutions videos on youtube and also do all the past papers (or as many as possible)
    I think its because maths is a different technique to sciences why I'm feeling hopeless. So say if I'm not confident in ANYTHING what would you do to begin with?? Jump straight into exam solutions? I need to cover all C1 before PAst PApers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMAths)
    I think its because maths is a different technique to sciences why I'm feeling hopeless. So say if I'm not confident in ANYTHING what would you do to begin with?? Jump straight into exam solutions? I need to cover all C1 before PAst PApers
    I do maths, physics and chemistry so I know the pain!

Definitely watch the exam solutions videos; they cover the entire syllabus for each module. C1 should be fairly easy to grasp in a short amount of time meaning you should be able to move onto past papers fairly fast. I recommend the maths tallis papers as they have Bronze, Silver and Gold papers which relate to the difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    There's definitely time, I got E in my mock in March for C1. Since then I went through all the exam solutions tutorials in the space of a few days and have done 8-10 past papers in the last week and in the last few I've started getting A's. Do all past papers and use exam solutions / your teachers to understand where you've gone wrong and you'll do fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey you've still got a lot of time. In all honesty, Maths is a lot easier compared to other A levels as in Maths, you only need to understand the concepts and then just practice and practice and.. practice some more whereas in other subjects you have to memorize facts and concepts etc etc. So don't lose hope at all! I am self studying for Maths and I will be giving my Maths A level exam in May/June so I know all about the pressure. Just study regularly and don't procrastinate and you will be goo to go. Oh and as others have mentioned exam solutions, do give it a go. The website is like a life saver honestly. I study from there and I don't have any tutor or school or anything ( a private candidate as a matter of fact!) .There's even a group on FB of "exam solutions" with some 3000 members or so who are actively helping each other out. It's a really environment and you feel really motivated and stuff. So yes, don't give up now. You can totally nail it. Just believe in yourself and you'll win the "you vs the examiner" game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.