Counting Down... 2 more days! Watch

This discussion is closed.
mensandan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good stuff Ollie. That sound like a good idea. I guess the site will be busy on the big day. Looking forward to it, with a sense of trepidation. I bet they will be some of the fastest ever fir number and speed of replies. We got even more cool mods since I went away for my summer hols.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mensandan)
Good stuff Ollie. That sound like a good idea. I guess the site will be busy on the big day. Looking forward to it, with a sense of trepidation. I bet they will be some of the fastest ever fir number and speed of replies. We got even more cool mods since I went away for my summer hols.
thank you very much! glad u like it! who was here before your holidays?
mensandan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I remember Koloth was here and I remember lots of the others who are now amongst the mighty. They were mere underlings back then. Look what happens when you go away for a few weeks. Wow the traffic on here has really gone up. It was like 12 people max except just after an exam. Oh well, we should have some fun over the next few days. We shall see if all those Maths exam amswers were right after all, god I hope so. Be cool, eat ice-pops.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mensandan)
I remember Koloth was here and I remember lots of the others who are now amongst the mighty. They were mere underlings back then. Look what happens when you go away for a few weeks. Wow the traffic on here has really gone up. It was like 12 people max except just after an exam. Oh well, we should have some fun over the next few days. We shall see if all those Maths exam amswers were right after all, god I hope so. Be cool, eat ice-pops.

I was an underling !!! YAY me !!!

I really hope the pure and stats answers you posted were right, they were the ones I used to check my answers by. If they were wrong then I will have nothing to save me from that D1 result!!!
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Icarus)
Sorry for being a pessimist, but it does mean that for me and probably many others. Imagine: you've applied to a top, well respected uni as your first choice, and a lesser known one as insurance; surely the better the grades, the more likely you are to get your place at your first choice? This applies even more so in uni; getting a first, or a degree with experience, can result in a better job, which indirectly translates into more money and therefore more comfort in the financial area.

I agree that friendship is important; but seeing as most of my close friends (all but one, would you believe!) are staying on at college for another year, it looks like I'll be losing touch with them.
(Original post by Icarus)
Ooh, that sounded harsh.
No problem - i didn't mean results arn't important, they are - but definatly not the most important thing in the world.

You talk about not seeing your friends again - what with all the technological advancements you can be pretty certain that if you both want to keep in touch you will.

Everyone wants good exam results, and we are all put under pressure to do well, but for some people the pressure can get to much. Someone was talking on another post about exam results related suicides – if your totally flunked your results would you commit suicide? I know I wouldn’t, there are lots of other things that are important to me apart from my results.

If I do get my place (Oxford I need 3 As) I will likely get a better education and a better job – but that does not mean my life will be better.

All I’m saying it put things into perspective. Yes exam results can change your life but so can a whole lot of things. Just remember being rich isn’t the same as being happy.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
I was an underling !!! YAY me !!!

I really hope the pure and stats answers you posted were right, they were the ones I used to check my answers by. If they were wrong then I will have nothing to save me from that D1 result!!!
Which pure and stats answers?
mensandan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The answers are old now but can still be found by searching for
edexcel answer

on the forum. Don't really matter now as we will soon know whether they were right or not. Who will post their results first. I won't have mine until 11am so you'll all be half drunk by then I bet.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Which pure and stats answers?

It was P1 and S1 - Leekey
mensandan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)

It was P1 and S1 - Leekey

There are P2, M1 and S1 answers out there also. Can't remember if I had registered when they went up.

HELP!!! Is it just me, but when I search for something on the forum and there are more than 25 matches I get a 2 pages of results offered but when I click the second I get the same as Page 1 again. What am I doing wrong, or am I just a thickie. Please put me out of my misery. Dan
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My mum bought me a packet of haribo star mix today so that should keep me going until Thursday
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Surfing Hamster)
My mum bought me a packet of haribo star mix today so that should keep me going until Thursday
Would you give me some? sugar may stop worries...hehe.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Would you give me some? sugar may stop worries...hehe.
i love haribo! ive been to the factory!
Kates
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
i love haribo! ive been to the factory!

he was sick after! lol
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kates)
he was sick after! lol
Oooo *imagines being sick on sweeties* if only I had the chance to eat that many! I'll need to after poor results. I have SUCH a bad feeling about them. And in my experience, bad feelings have bad consequences for me.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.19%
Worried (305)
17.96%
Terrified (378)
22.26%
Meh (162)
9.54%
Confused (37)
2.18%