PGCE Mathematics Interview Watch

sahil112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Guys and Girls!

I have 2 interviews coming up, one at UEL and the other at Middlesex.

Both have said that I need to "read up on my university texts." I did my degree 2 years ago, it is not as fresh in my head as I would like it to and it will be hard to get hold of material for revision pruposes.

The question I have is, how much of my degree do I need to know or how much will we be discussing? If it is just the different topics I learnt without going in to detail then I can do that. If it is more than that, I may struggle.

Does anyone know, what the written task will be on? Does anyone know, what the subject knowledge task will be on? If it is a past GCSE paper, then that is fine.

Any suggestions, advice etc will all be welcome!

Thanks
Mr M
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sahil112)
Hi Guys and Girls!

Both have said that I need to "read up on my university texts." I did my degree 2 years ago, it is not as fresh in my head as I would like it to and it will be hard to get hold of material for revision pruposes.

The question I have is, how much of my degree do I need to know or how much will we be discussing? If it is just the different topics I learnt without going in to detail then I can do that. If it is more than that, I may struggle.

Does anyone know, what the written task will be on? Does anyone know, what the subject knowledge task will be on? If it is a past GCSE paper, then that is fine.

Thanks
I'd be amazed if you are asked anything that will expose gaps in your subject knowledge. If you can do GCSE you should be fine. If you are unlucky, you *might* be asked about easy A level content.
sahil112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
I'd be amazed if you are asked anything that will expose gaps in your subject knowledge. If you can do GCSE you should be fine. If you are unlucky, you *might* be asked about easy A level content.
Yes, I should be fine for GCSE and even bits of A level Maths.

I am just bit worried about University Maths and it was a while ago and I can't even remeber all the muduals I took!
farah.f
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi dear

I have an interview in Middlesex for PGCE Secondary Maths? any advice for the interview? what are the things included in the interview?
How did you approach the 3 minute speech/presentation?

Please come back to me..

thanks

farah

(Original post by sahil112)
Hi Guys and Girls!

Thanks
Mr M
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by farah.f)
Hi dear

I have an interview in Middlesex for PGCE Secondary Maths? any advice for the interview? what are the things included in the interview?
How did you approach the 3 minute speech/presentation?

Please come back to me..

thanks

farah
The OP last posted in 2016 so you are unlikely to get a reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads