Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys and Girls!

I have 2 interviews coming up, one at UEL and the other at Middlesex.

Both have said that I need to "read up on my university texts." I did my degree 2 years ago, it is not as fresh in my head as I would like it to and it will be hard to get hold of material for revision pruposes.

The question I have is, how much of my degree do I need to know or how much will we be discussing? If it is just the different topics I learnt without going in to detail then I can do that. If it is more than that, I may struggle.

Does anyone know, what the written task will be on? Does anyone know, what the subject knowledge task will be on? If it is a past GCSE paper, then that is fine.

Any suggestions, advice etc will all be welcome!

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sahil112)
    Hi Guys and Girls!

Both have said that I need to "read up on my university texts." I did my degree 2 years ago, it is not as fresh in my head as I would like it to and it will be hard to get hold of material for revision pruposes.

The question I have is, how much of my degree do I need to know or how much will we be discussing? If it is just the different topics I learnt without going in to detail then I can do that. If it is more than that, I may struggle.

Does anyone know, what the written task will be on? Does anyone know, what the subject knowledge task will be on? If it is a past GCSE paper, then that is fine.

Thanks
    I'd be amazed if you are asked anything that will expose gaps in your subject knowledge. If you can do GCSE you should be fine. If you are unlucky, you *might* be asked about easy A level content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I'd be amazed if you are asked anything that will expose gaps in your subject knowledge. If you can do GCSE you should be fine. If you are unlucky, you *might* be asked about easy A level content.
    Yes, I should be fine for GCSE and even bits of A level Maths.

I am just bit worried about University Maths and it was a while ago and I can't even remeber all the muduals I took!

ReputationRep:
    Hi dear

I have an interview in Middlesex for PGCE Secondary Maths? any advice for the interview? what are the things included in the interview?
    How did you approach the 3 minute speech/presentation?

Please come back to me..

thanks

farah

(Original post by sahil112)
    Hi Guys and Girls!

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by farah.f)
    Hi dear

I have an interview in Middlesex for PGCE Secondary Maths? any advice for the interview? what are the things included in the interview?
    How did you approach the 3 minute speech/presentation?

Please come back to me..

thanks

farah
    The OP last posted in 2016 so you are unlikely to get a reply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.