Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Natural treatment for threadworms? Watch

Hiya guys. Wow, this is embarassing! I'm 13 years old (just), and i think i have threadworms! Anus is itchy as hell at night, and today i have had knotted stomach pains, although i think that may be a sign of first period?? Headaches in the morning, too. Is there any way to treat them naturally? Please don't ask me to tell my parents, cause i'm not going to, so don't waste your time. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    You can buy treatments at boots or any other pharmacist for thread worms, no prescription needed.

http://www.boots.com/en/Ovex-Family-...Tablets_11628/

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    You can buy treatments at boots or any other pharmacist for thread worms, no prescription needed.

http://www.boots.com/en/Ovex-Family-...Tablets_11628/
    Good idea, but it says legally i have to be 16 to buy it, and i'm not telling anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Good idea, but it says legally i have to be 16 to buy it, and i'm not telling anyone.
    Honestly I think you're going to just have to suck it up.

I get that your embarrassed, but honestly you're getting yourself worked up over nothing. In a few years you'll look back at this and realise you were being quite silly to outright refuse to speak to anyone about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hiya guys. Wow, this is embarassing! I'm 13 years old (just), and i think i have threadworms! Anus is itchy as hell at night, and today i have had knotted stomach pains, although i think that may be a sign of first period?? Headaches in the morning, too. Is there any way to treat them naturally? Please don't ask me to tell my parents, cause i'm not going to, so don't waste your time. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!
    I'm not sure that there are natural treatments.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthelmintic
    There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's estimated that around 1/4 of all people in the world are infected to some extent, with parasites. Worms are very common, and a huge but rather ignored world problem.
    Ask your parents to get you some.
    I think that such meds such as mebendazole can be toxic to you (liver etc.) if you abuse them, which is maybe why your 'guardian' needs to get them for you.

ReputationRep:
    just tell your parents, i'd rather have the embarrassment of telling them than the embarrassment of having worms in my ass

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.